Time for ebay to allow negs to be left for non-payment

Hi all

I have read the past threads and see why people say this is not workable because negs do not stop people buying and to set your ebay settings to block people with strikes etc etc.

BUT

What about in the instance of items where you accept offers? I think it is stupid in the first instance for a non-payer to not at least get some automated neg for a successful non-payment claim, but negative feedback in this instance would at least be useful for assessing someone who may make an offer on an item.

Hell I cannot even leave a positive with a negative message these days I've noticed.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

As far as I'm aware if a buyer hits your BBL for too many strikes for non-payment they can't make an offer anyway.

Since you've read past posts on the subject you will realise why negs for buyers didn't work in the past and they won't work now for the exact same reasons, that goes for negative comments on positive FB as well.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

And how many times have you had a buyer make an offer and not pay?

If you are going to base your acceptance of offers on any possible scenario that can go wrong then I suggest that selling on ebay is not for you.

It would save you a lot of effort if you just listed your items as Buy It Now with Immediate Payment Requested.  That way you never have a non payer as the item is not sold until it is paid for.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Hell, 8 feedback as a seller in the last 12 months.

I'm not sure how this is impacting your eBay business model, but I suspect not at all.

Of course if you have another account that has been impacted or you are simply trying to advertise, then carry on.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Make all your listings immediate payment only.

image host
Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

I like the idea of automatic negative for non-payment. So it's visible for the world to see. If not in the form of a negative feedback, then at least make the non-payments visible somehow. That, and bid retractions!

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

@*bellee* wrote:

I like the idea of automatic negative for non-payment. So it's visible for the world to see. If not in the form of a negative feedback, then at least make the non-payments visible somehow. That, and bid retractions!

Bid retractions are already visible on feedback. Click on the feedback as a buyer tab and it's there for the whole world to see. You don't have any by the way! 😄

How is an automatic negative going to stop anyone? If you list your items as BIN's, they can still hit BIN, regardless of how many automatic negs they have and you are powerless to stop them. The only time you may be able to do anything is if you run auctions and they bid early. Only then do you have time to check their feedback and take action if you so desire. Otherwise, they can do what they like with impunity.

If you have blocks in place, it wouldn't matter how many automatic negs they got, your blocks would stop them in their tracks, so it's a bit pointless really. You'll know if they have 2 or more non payments because they'll try to buy from you and can't, so a waste of time to have something visible for them as non payers.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

For me, not neg feedback but I like the idea of a record of number of unpaids in the last 12 months similar to retractions that we currently have.

Could even be right next to number of retractions.

image host
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

@*bellee* wrote:

Why?

Does your local shop post pics of people who front the checkout and find they left their wallet/money at home?

No? There's a reason for that. I'll let you work it out.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Haha tippy! I'm a good eBayer! 😇

I just think making it visible for the world to see will dissuade non payment.
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply