Totally baffles Aus Post send notice saying I owe$80.60!!

Received underpaid notice...

Date lodged 23/5214 1 $90.15 postage on article correct postage $152.75

"       "                    "   1 $0.00         "                  "               "             $  18.00

Invoice asking for $80.60

In the sample of addressee section it says for 12 underpaid articles with ebay labels during 17/3 to 30/5/14

What the hec????????????

I weigh all my parcels prior to printing labels to ensure correct postage and weight are done...

Will definately be phoning Aus Post MOnday to see what they are playing at.

checked my receipts for that day sent 2 @500grms via ebay postage labelling $7.15 paid for each

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Totally baffles Aus Post send notice saying I owe$80.60!!

@beautysecretfashion wrote:

Received underpaid notice...

Date lodged 23/5214 1 $90.15 postage on article correct postage $152.75

"       "                    "   1 $0.00         "                  "               "             $  18.00

Invoice asking for $80.60

In the sample of addressee section it says for 12 underpaid articles with ebay labels during 17/3 to 30/5/14

What the hec????????????

I weigh all my parcels prior to printing labels to ensure correct postage and weight are done...

Will definately be phoning Aus Post MOnday to see what they are playing at.

@checked my receipts for that day sent 2 @500grms via ebay postage labelling $7.15 paid for each

I would fathom a guess that the items you posted may have been kinda bulky, Australia Post have a system that if an item 'cubes out' (AP's little convenient term) to be 'calculated weight' higher than it actually weighs, they'll charge that amount.  A 2kg parcel in a box that measures 40cm x 40cm x 40cm 'cubes out' to 16kg in their infinite wisdom of ripping the public off.

The calculation they use is Length in metres x width in metres x height in metres x 250.  This is the formula they use, so if you posted the above mentioned box size they will come after you for 'under-measuring'.  I went through an exactly similar scenario in a former business and they came at me with a request for $1,300 in under-measured parcelx over a 12-month period, even though I'd been taking my 40 parcels a day to the local post office and THEY were actually the ones that had been calculating my postage.  The $1,300 charge was dropped, but from then on the local post office workers were measuring every parcel I brought in and working it out to be whatever the dearest way to calculate it was.

amxsuperstores - Australia's three largest motorcycle accessories superstores.
Message 31 of 43
Latest reply

Well finally received the items that AP claim were underpaid.

Have checked with my records and NOT ONE is incorrect. Have requested AP cancel invoice, if necessary have an appointment to show my paperwork

BUT get this ALL of the parcels that AP say were underpaid were generated via the ebay labelling system!!

NOTE the weight of this parcel was 444grm using ebay satchel

AP  500grm         says weight was 700grm therefore charging extra  BUT this is not right.

I will be fighting this tooth and nail to get it sorted.

Message 32 of 43
Latest reply

Well I finally won my case with Aus Post.

I supplied evidence of the weight and size of satchels etc used.

Took 5 phone calls and 4 emails but the matter has finally been resolved in my favour. AP have advised today they will cancel the $80.60 underpaid invoice.

Hooray - but this should not have happened in the first place. All the labels they were referringf to were generated on the ebay printing label system.

Never ever had an issue when I used C&S.

Once the discount period with ebay finishes, I will go back to C&S.

I am wondering too if ebay will honour their current promo of refunding 10% of postage when using 500grm satchels (limit of 100 parcels per month).... will bide my time until the 2 months is up from the start of the promotion and just see if any rebates start appearing.

Cheers

Message 33 of 43
Latest reply

glad you won that one, but what a battle!!

well done you

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 34 of 43
Latest reply

It's only for calculated postage, so satchels aren't eligible. They're fixed price.

However 500g satchels through C&S require a specific satchel and the cost is at least $8. So $7.30 using eBay labels is still significantly cheaper.

Message 35 of 43
Latest reply

Well Done, for winning that battle. 

Might want to change your plans re the 500g satchels, as mentioned above the current  postage rate ($7.15)  is not discountable any further.

For a limited time from 6 May 2014, we're giving you a 10% rebate on 500g assessed parcels when using our recently launched Australia Post label printing service. Assessed parcels up to 500g are the only service not already offering a negotiated rate.

How does the postage rebate promotion work?

The postage rebate is being offered for 500g assessed parcels for a limited time. This includes both the standard and express post options which weigh up to (and including) 500g, and for which the labels were created through our label printing service
Once a month we will credit your seller invoice - it will appear in the credit section of your account summary and invoice. Generally this means it will appear in your next invoice; in some cases it may be carried over to the following invoice
You may not see the rebate during the process of creating or buying your label but it will be visible on your invoice.

What are the key terms for the promotion?

The rebate is capped at 100 uses per month per user and is only available for items sent within Australia
The rebate will not apply to additional services purchased on the label printing platform (such as signature on delivery or extra cover)
Read the full terms and conditions.

All other services available through our label printing platform are already made available to you at negotiated rates

Message 36 of 43
Latest reply

Bother re discount postage. Will check it out when I return from holiday next week.

Thanks for your guidance.

Message 37 of 43
Latest reply

I have 2 items to send to one buyer and wondered if it is appropriate to put each item in a 500g bag ( each item weighs well under 400 Gm) and tape the bags together??? Ps both bags are pre purchased... feedback MUCH appreciated !!!!
Message 38 of 43
Latest reply

This is an old thread, it would have been better to start a new one.

However, why would you tape the satchels together?

And if they were paid for in one transaction, why not use a 3 kg bag or a 1 kg bag if you have them.

Message 39 of 43
Latest reply

Small satchel
35.5 x 22cm
Up to 500g
$8.50

Copied from Australia Post website 

500gm satchels are up to and including 500gm

if the parcel weighs 501gm then it falls In the next weight bracket

Message 40 of 43
Latest reply