Tracking is not economic on sales below $15 the freight is to expensive. But required.?

The new freight policy says 95% of sales need to be tracked. I sell a lot under $15 and if I add tracking customers will not buy the items.

if I do not track I am disadvantaged in the listing.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Tracking is not economic on sales below $15 the freight is to expensive. But required.?

I just edited one of my auctions without bids to change it to the untracked letter post, so I will change the rest without bids tonight, and hopefully remember to put it onto all new listings. 

The ambiguity is still a worry, because it looks you might lose visibility if you don't have actual tracking on at least 95% of all items or parcels that are sent.

In any case, I may get kicked off at the end of the month, because I am not signing a contract for managed payments when they won't supply the terms of the contract. The more information link takes me to an Ebay home page and does not even mention Managed Payments.

Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

Re: Tracking is not economic on sales below $15 the freight is to expensive. But required.?

@aaa1600602 wrote:

The new freight policy says 95% of sales need to be tracked. I sell a lot under $15 and if I add tracking customers will not buy the items.

A high percentage of my items are under $15 and have $9 postage attached to them. I tried increasing the price and offering "free" postage, and sales stopped very abruptly. When I put a postage amount back on, sales boomed. I sold an item yesterday for $6 with $9 and the buyer paid immediately at the end of the auction. 

Don't assume your buyers won't pay the extra for a tracked parcel. I have never had any issues with low value items being sent with tracking, which the buyer pays for.

Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

Agrees with tipping here we gone to track on low priced items from untracked and have seen no drop in sales
Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

Agrees with tippy here we gone to track on low priced items from untracked and have seen no drop in sales
Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

About 80% of my sales are on items under $15,  I have never sent any untracked, and still sell heaps,  not sure that it's not economic.

@aaa1600602 wrote:

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

The way I read it is that you are not required to have any of your sales tracked. You just need to have 95% tracked if you want to reap the new benefits. Basically eBay will refund the buyer on some low cost items if tracked, and you (the seller) loses on an untracked item if it does not arrive.

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

So.. what is the best option here??

01) Leave listings "Standard Postage" as before even though not providing tracking

02) Change those listings to "Australia Post Domestic Untracked"

What will affect the listing visibility most????

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

I suspect, given that Standard Postage is now sub-titled 'Parcel', you already know the answer.

Which is 'Standard Postage (Australia Post Domestic Regular Letter Untracked)', or in your postage options 'Australia Post Domestic Regular Letter Untracked'  

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

Tracking doesnt help.I lost twice even though tracking said items were delivered,Buyer said they werent,Ebay refunded one and Paypal refunded the other.

The buyer that was refunded with paypal.Lost his claim with Ebay and went to paypal.Even though I uploaded the tracking number and reciept from Post office I lost $180

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

My post office can't currently get the "large" tracking envelopes that fit a TB1 size large letter.

It looks like registration or parcel post is the only answer for TB2 size large letter (and for TB1 until the post office can supply the tracking envelope again).

With this doubling to tripling the cost of quite a lot of postage, it seems this policy is a fortunate win for the post Office, and for anyone who was ludicrously not supplying postal services but somehow charging a commission on them....

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply