Unfair Neg - buyer didnt read ad, pick up only item

selling a heavy bulky item, pick up only clearly stated in the description. also says pick up only in the post section. heres the problem. ebay have "free" pick up in the post section. when you go through checkout it says "free" postage, but i have not offered that, its not an option they can take.

so the guy buys it now, i realize hes from interstate. i send a message asking when he will collect it. he rings me and says the add says free post. i say no ir doesnt. he says it does. i point out the above. he syas i want my money back, i say no worries, but pleasse put in to cancel the order or i get a defect. he sends me a cancelation request, i agree, he gets his money back instantly, and then leaves me a negative.

i am so sick and tired of ebays unfair feedback policy. this effects my rating because hes a moron! i could put in a request to change it, but thats up to him, and he wont do it. not even worth trying.

i have messaged ebay. not holding much hope.

i tried to ring, but they wont talk to me, hubby is at work, its in his name! ill try again later.

what else can i do?

i left follow up feedback explaqining my side, saying check the item, which clearly shows pick up only, and the add says no post, pick up only. but its still just wrong.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Unfair Neg - buyer didnt read ad, pick up only item

this is actually what confuses me. i did advise him he needs to ask to cancel the order. had this experience before, and when i requested the cancellation on their behalf, i got a defect! but they didnt leave any feedback, i tried to get ebay to change it but they wouldnt remove the defect. anyhow, he requested a cancellation, i said yes, it immediately triggered his funds return, closed the case, but he could still leave the neg! i will call tonight when hubby is home and try again, cheers
Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

really? thats shocking, and so unfair
Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

cool, thanks, i just did, hopefully that works.
Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

thankyou everyone for being so supportive,

i will let you know how it pans out, some great advice!

from now on i will always put in a non payer, because ebay just dont seem to have our back,

even when you try to do the right thing,

when someone else is at fault.

thankyou again, cheers

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

What does this secret code mean '(NO POSTAGE SORRY, TOO EXPENSIVE)' Is thta code for free postage offered? I think some buyers are just a bullet waiting to go off. Ebay make it to easy for buyers to damage a seller even when they do everything right. Hope you get the neg removed be nice to know what happens

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

It also shows postage set at 'Freight' as 'Free' post.

And lets not forget the defects issued to sellers. Somehow low DSR's are left, even if the buyer hasn't touched the stars and has left glowing fb.

Agreed, too many glitches, which ultimately impact on too many sellers.

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

What a shame you replied to the feedback before trying to have it removed.Ebay has been known to remove the original feedback but not the reply and it can make the whole debacle even more noticable.

You have an excellent chance of getting the feedback removed....just keep your fingers crossed that your reply goes too.

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

cheers guys, hubby came home knackered, so i will be riniging them tomorrow, and maybe faking a male voice!! thanks again

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

I hope you get it removed.

The wording of your reply was inapropriate.

Especially "scam artist". There was no scam involved.

Remember other (new) buyers will read this and gauge what sort of seller you are.

They do not know what was involved or what happened in this incident but WILL judge you on your reply.

Always be factual, professional and courteous...always. 

Never let emotion come into it.

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

FIXED!!

no reply to email, so , um, err, hubby rang!!Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply