Unusual addresses?

Hi Guys.. Has anyone noticed unusual addresses on their recent sales order details. My last 2 orders have unusual addresses. They have the;

Buyers name,

"ebay 547fgh" or something similar then

101 Blah Blah Street

Somewhere Heights

etc

So in between the buyers name & their street address there is "ebay then numbers" that dont seem to mean anything... It looks a little bit like a click & collect type of address but a lot shorter

Does anyone else know whether I should put the 2nd line with "ebay123766" into the address . I asked the 1st customer about it but they havent replied?

Thanks in advance everyone - for any advice!.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Unusual addresses?

pulease.jpg  Like  I'm not even here

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

If you are paid via Paypal always remove that code. It goes against the seller protection policy of Paypal.

Until it is included in the Paypal notification address I would remove it everytime and place the proper address in the 1st feild. I have posted multiple items with it removed and I have had no issue.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

@ilce wrote:

If you are paid via Paypal always remove that code. It goes against the seller protection policy of Paypal.

Got a link for that policy?

Until it is included in the Paypal notification address I would remove it everytime and place the proper address in the 1st feild. I have posted multiple items with it removed and I have had no issue.

Not yet............

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

ilce probably also sends a bit of stuff to the wrong address.

Like, just from the top of my head, Brisbane 4064, instead of Milton 4064. 

Hopefully AP manage to sort it out when the buyer doesn't know where they live, and the seller refuses to check why they're getting an error when they try to generate a label.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Your risk, Not mine.

In 20 years I have only had one letter lost. Never lost a parcel.

Paypal will rule against you if you even change incorrect suburbs. They have told me outright many times when I have rang up seeking advice. If the address is wrong on multipe times I have cancelled the sale and had the Buyer correct their address and ask them to buy it again. I forward them exactly what Paypal has advised me. 

All buyers thank me for being honest and helping them correct the mistake.

But you go ahead and be narky.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Paypal would certainly be happy with you doing that. All those extra flagfalls and, now, non-refunding of fees.

You could fund quite a few refunds with that money.

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

SORRY Imastawka.... I'm just REALLY CONFUSED... So I didn't get round to saying thanks....This code thing is still very confusing whether we need to use them... Or if it's gonna confuse mail sorting. Someone's started another thread about it too & they reported that it interfered with their delivery .. Parcel got sent to a different house no... And she heard from an unhappy customer

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

Awww, sorry Style.

I only do links.

And letters.........I do letters, not parcels, so no effect on me.

You have my sympathies.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

You do good links😉👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

So I've been told

jeannieshame.gif

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply