Update Price -- What the...?

On one of our stores under the SMPro Improve Your Listings heading we are seeing a recommendation to update prices.

There are 6 listings on the list.

I've had a look and all of them are recommending a decrease in price, some are significant.

Surely its up to us as a seller to set and/or adjust our own prices depending on a range of factors.

What right do they have to dictate or even recommend what price we sell for? These particular items are selling so where's the problem.

I feel a bit miffed at such a suggestion.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Remove them or ignore them.

Occasionally you get a keyword recommendation that is useful. The rest are pointless.

There is no benefit to anybody in a constant race to the bottom in pricing.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I never used to get the price recommendations, but they seem to be coming thick and fast since I started removing the premium service and title suggestions... They keep telling me I might be more successful on eBay if I follow their recommendations - might be...and successful by what definition? Smiley LOL

Interestingly, I was going through some of the options on the store design recently and clicked on the 'features' list, where there's an option to access exclusive listing features (presumably stuff like hiding 0 quantity listings without ending them) as well as an option to save 75% on FVFs on sales I make from traffic directed to my listings from other sites (both greyed out, and it seems you have to be an approved eBay affiliate? to access the FVF option, info is a bit scant).

I'll make you a deal, eBay - gimme the 75% discount on FVF as standard, and I'll reduce my prices by the amount I'll save. 😉

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Yeah it's just rubbish my suggestions were way under my wholesale price, we have recommendations for prices, titles and to qualify for TRS all of which just clog up my all selling page. You can get rid of them temporarily only. Most annoying.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

if they are suggesting you lower yr price to match the other sellers of similar goods, surely that could be seen as setting up a 'cartel' ?? or /

'price fixing'???

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Remove them or ignore them.

Occasionally you get a keyword recommendation that is useful. The rest are pointless.

There is no benefit to anybody in a constant race to the bottom in pricing.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

It seems that EBay have lost track of how to sell

Cost Price + Normal Profit = Sell Price + Great Service = Sales + Great Customer Data + Follow Up = More Sales

I used this to run a B&M travel agent on the 1st floor of a back street in Sydney city. Had customers travelling for hours to buy their holidays. Great Service will beat Low Prices anytime.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Recommend you use the little blue dropdown top right of that section.

Choose the delete option 🙂

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I never used to get the price recommendations, but they seem to be coming thick and fast since I started removing the premium service and title suggestions... They keep telling me I might be more successful on eBay if I follow their recommendations - might be...and successful by what definition? Smiley LOL

Interestingly, I was going through some of the options on the store design recently and clicked on the 'features' list, where there's an option to access exclusive listing features (presumably stuff like hiding 0 quantity listings without ending them) as well as an option to save 75% on FVFs on sales I make from traffic directed to my listings from other sites (both greyed out, and it seems you have to be an approved eBay affiliate? to access the FVF option, info is a bit scant).

I'll make you a deal, eBay - gimme the 75% discount on FVF as standard, and I'll reduce my prices by the amount I'll save. 😉

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I'm now disgusted what ebay charge as it is "drop your price my A$se"....we already pay their now outragious fees and then another of thier paypal fees adding up to about 14% loss in a sale price and they want us to drop our price "Huh" hey ebay how bout you drop yours for a change instead of constantly putting it up! I barely sell anything on here now, nothing ever sells any more... not like it used too... 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply