Uwarranted First Negative

Hi all,

I buy & sell a bit on E/Bay.....received my first negative to-day & do not believe it was warranted or justified,

but will defer to any opinions to the contrary from board members much more enlightened than myself...

Sold a small '70's , German brand (Dolmar)  Chainsaw recently ... 1 bid got it at the $79 start price

It was (" strictly pick up only") in bold,  bright red letters.... I duly sent off the Invoice with a polite "note"

to advise suitable p/u arrangements.... I then receive a response say "I live in sydney....only just seen 

it's pick up only...."    Then goes on to say I should dissassemble machine , drain fuel & oil , pack " securely"

in a small  box etc & he would get a courier ....

I politely informed him ,  besides above ,  courier would require from me, dimensions ,weight etc

& be available in a 4 hr window for p/u !....and that was not going to happen , for a cheap item

like this that we sell for "beer money "

I said I was prepared to cancel the order & proceeded to do so ...e/b did the usual.... will advise 

bidder etc  ...I should refund any monies ( Seller did not pay any money ) so figured all would end amicably...

I now see a red dot saying " refused to post..." ' would not post to PO box or accept Paypal...

(Box no. /Paypal never mentioned in the one E/M I got from him ! )

Sooo.... his mistake all round & I get the Neg....not to worried if was legit as our F/B from selling

these things is embarrssingly good...but not keen to cop this .... 

Let me know if I have stuffed up somwhere... & deserve this " uppercut.'..& if not , do I just prevail onE/B

to remove it...

Any commentd appreciated....thanks in advance...

Chief

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Uwarranted First Negative

That negative will be removed as soon as you contact ebay.

I had the same thing happen more than once and ebay removed the negs immediately. 

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Would that reply even fit haha

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

As alluded to previously , the first responders & subsequent  ,  got it  "spot on "  with their

helful advise & sympathetic responses to a fairly innocouse concern ( only sell

these annoying 2 strokes for "beer money" ) , that was really my 

misguided attempt at resolution that caused it  initially !

So one call to E/B ,  & back to 100% positive !....it's enough to warm

the heart of this old Harley rider !!

I must say I was super impressed with their quick phone back , assessment of the issues

& the determination...and NOT just because they found in my favour...it was gnuinely impressive !!

Thanks again ,  & hopefully I will not need to trouble you again for a while....

Michael.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Great result Micheal, I've been following this thread from the beginning and the advice on getting eBay CS to phone you back was the right one as you usually get a more informed rep that way.

Hopefully ebay will have had a word with the "buyer" about the unfair neg - but I kind of doubt it unfortunately..................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Think your buyer has a post up about this too in the Answer Centre section.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying-on-eBay/hello-i-purchased-a-chainsaw-last-weekend-and-seller...

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Not the same buyer

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

Scrambler asked:

Would that reply even fit haha

----------------------------

This one?

Clearly listed as PICK UP only. Buyer didn't pay or pick up & negs me?

Yep, should do, it is 70 characters including spaces.

But luckily the person won't need to, it seems they had the unfair neg removed.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

So true,  I have had neg feedbacks from NON paying buyers in countrys I do not ship to i.e Israel..   How can they buy an item when shipping is not offered to their country, how can they leave bad feedback without paying?

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

If they haven't paid and you open and close a non paying dispute, eBay will remove the feedback. If it doesn't happen automatically, a phone call should see it removed (or get them to call you back if you don't want to sit on hold for hours).

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply