Very slow Australia Post service.

jaffajulie1974
Community Member

I sent a birthday card to my brother on the 22nd January and it finally arrived today. He lives about 790kms from here in Sydney. How long will our Ebay sales take to get to our buyers if this is how long a card takes. Not impressed with the new 2 speed postal service that they have the hide to charge more for.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Totally agree with you

I had a letter take 10 days to reach me (mailed from the same suburb as me) and another that took a week from Canberra to NSW

It was NOT over Christmas/New Year

Still waiting on something that was posted 2 weeks ago

useless,useless 'service' 

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

@jaffajulie1974 wrote:

I sent a birthday card to my brother on the 22nd January and it finally arrived today. He lives about 790kms from here in Sydney. How long will our Ebay sales take to get to our buyers if this is how long a card takes. Not impressed with the new 2 speed postal service that they have the hide to charge more for.

That is only about 6 working days do not forget Australia day was during the delivery time. It is not that bad well to me or did you post it priority if so then if should of been a bit quicker

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

x3n0m
Community Member

The Australian Government/ACCC has created a monopoly practices monster (auspost) who is now beating the stuffing out of the Australian consumer .. its the new normal ..

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

Only for LETTERS, which has been the case since the PMG (google it) was created 115 years ago.

There is plenty of competition in the parcel game.

Oops, sorry for bursting your conspiracy bubble.

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

.. we have lost the 250 gram category, we are now paying double of more for every auspost service since its inception .. the rate to send parcels in this country is prohibitively expensive to the point in many cases you just don't bother attempting .. overseas rates have tripled in some cases .. you are just stirring the pot as any blind freddy can see that auspost is a rippoff compared to before corporatisation .. if my pay had increased at the same rate as auspost rates I would be a very happy person .. couriers do not deliver to all points of the country so is unviable for many purposes hence I say that auspost is a monopoly practices monster .. their price structure is directly focused on flexing their muscle to disuade new players attempting to piggyback through their service .. basically everything you have said is a big load .. You are quite deluded ..

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

Cards sent from here to Sydney have always taken 3 days over many years. I allowed for the public holiday to no avail.

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

@x3n0m wrote:

.. we have lost the 250 gram category, we are now paying double of more for every auspost service since its inception .. the rate to send parcels in this country is prohibitively expensive to the point in many cases you just don't bother attempting .. overseas rates have tripled in some cases .. you are just stirring the pot as any blind freddy can see that auspost is a rippoff compared to before corporatisation .. if my pay had increased at the same rate as auspost rates I would be a very happy person .. couriers do not deliver to all points of the country so is unviable for many purposes hence I say that auspost is a monopoly practices monster .. their price structure is directly focused on flexing their muscle to disuade new players attempting to piggyback through their service .. basically everything you have said is a big load .. You are quite deluded ..

99.9999% of my posting is eBay stuff. I don't really care what they charge because I don't pay for it, the buyer does (they pay my fees too). Obviously buyers don't mind either because each price rise hasn't affected my sales one bit. In fact, since letter rate went up to $1, I went from offering free postage on large letter items to charging for it and I am now selling more large letter items than before. I didn't reduce my prices, I just added $2 for postage.

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

I just added $2 for postage.

Maybe ebay has decided to promote you up their fraudulent best match default rankings to reward you for something .. who knows .. obviously increasing prices does not in general encourage more sales so your advice whilst perhaps well intentioned is a bitter pill which will no doubt lead to less sales so it unfortuantely seems a bit feeble .. it makes me feel a little better that you are trying to suggest a solution to this diabolical mess thrust upon us by our criminal government/ACCC and their corporate mates' super profits and monopoly practices .. January is always the best month for sales for me, things get harder from here ..

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

@x3n0m wrote:

I just added $2 for postage.

Maybe ebay has decided to promote you up their fraudulent best match default rankings to reward you for something .. who knows .. obviously increasing prices does not in general encourage more sales so your advice whilst perhaps well intentioned is a bitter pill which will no doubt lead to less sales so it unfortuantely seems a bit feeble .. it makes me feel a little better that you are trying to suggest a solution to this diabolical mess thrust upon us by our criminal government/ACCC and their corporate mates' super profits and monopoly practices .. January is always the best month for sales for me, things get harder from here ..

Ummmm, you may want to read my post again. My sales have increased since I added a postage cost to my large letter items. It is also common knowledge that if an item isn't selling, increase the price. Works nearly every time. 

As for best match, couldn't care less about it. I run auctions, so where I sit on the farce is insignificant. Most people buying from auctions tend to search for ending soonest.

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply