WARNING to Sellers

Just letting sellers know that if you are printing your own Australia Post Labels to check your invoices carefully. Twice this month I have been charged twice for labels. I only created one, and I only printed one in both cases, so it is not that I "created" more than one label. In both cases the duplicate fees show the same tracking number. It is an absolute pain trying to get any sense out of Australia Post or to get refunded. I am seriously thinking of shutting sales down until this mess gets sorted out.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: WARNING to Sellers

It's interesting you mention this because last week I printed out a duplicate of the same labels going to Luxembourg from the PDF. I was very confused and panicked thinking I had ordered the same label twice. I carefully checked my order history and there was no duplicate, but it was in the PDF twice. Very confusing.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

@bubblegh wrote:
It's interesting you mention this because last week I printed out a duplicate of the same labels going to Luxembourg from the PDF. I was very confused and panicked thinking I had ordered the same label twice. I carefully checked my order history and there was no duplicate, but it was in the PDF twice. Very confusing.

I don't understand what you mean by in the PDF twice, could you please explain.

In my case, under "manage labels", it is definitely only one label, but in my invoice from eBay it has been charged twice, with the same tracking number. The first time the date and time of the charge is identical, the second time, the second charge was a few minutes later. I contacted eBay via Chat the first time and was told to CANCEL the label, yea right, cancel a label that I had used! Then I contacted Australia Post who did not know how to handle it, but said they would pass it on to someone else, seems nothing was done correctly as now informed by the person who spoke to me at Australia Post today. They insisted on my Bank details and need to have a transaction number if I am going to be reimbursed, don't know where I can get that from, seeing as it is in with eBay fees etc. Then I got blackmailed into revealing what the parcel contained, otherwise I would not get a refund at all. This is a clear invasion of privacy and none of their business. I am not the least impressed and wonder how many others out there are getting caught and how long this has been going on. I have never bothered to scrutinize my invoices closely previously, assuming they would be correct. One thing is for sure, I will be paying over the counter in the future.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

@bubblegh wrote:

In my case, under "manage labels", it is definitely only one label, but in my invoice from eBay it has been charged twice, with the same tracking number. The first time the date and time of the charge is identical, the second time, the second charge was a few minutes later. I contacted eBay via Chat the first time and was told to CANCEL the label, yea right, cancel a label that I had used! Then I contacted Australia Post who did not know how to handle it, but said they would pass it on to someone else, seems nothing was done correctly as now informed by the person who spoke to me at Australia Post today. They insisted on my Bank details and need to have a transaction number if I am going to be reimbursed, don't know where I can get that from, seeing as it is in with eBay fees etc. Then I got blackmailed into revealing what the parcel contained, otherwise I would not get a refund at all. This is a clear invasion of privacy and none of their business. I am not the least impressed and wonder how many others out there are getting caught and how long this has been going on. I have never bothered to scrutinize my invoices closely previously, assuming they would be correct. One thing is for sure, I will be paying over the counter in the future.

So it is eBay labels, not AP ones.

Quite frankly, only mug sellers use eBay labels. Mypost Business offers the same services at at least the same price and usually better.

And has done for the last 13 months.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@shoppingbag* wrote:

@bubblegh wrote:

Quite frankly, only mug sellers use eBay labels. Mypost Business offers the same services at at least the same price and usually better.

Ya missed "save the bleedin' paragraph"..............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@shoppingbag* wrote:

@bubblegh wrote:

I stopped using eBay labels a few months ago, and now use MyPost Business. Even though in certain circumstances, eBay labels are a bit cheaper ($8.65 rather than $8.95). I just wish I could get the eBay stuff to import into My Post. Sometimes it does, other times I get a message saying they can only import sales that have been paid for. I wouldn't be trying to print a label for something that hasn't been paid for! So, I have to enter everything manually. It can be a pain in the tooshy.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I C&P from the Paypal notification.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply