WHY HAVE EBAY SALES CRASHED

I have found in the last three weeks that my sales volumes on ebay are down by about 70% ... same listings ... same promotional discounts and no other changes on my side...

Are you other sellers finding the same?

My sales of same products OUTSIDE ebay have not changed, and now subsidising my ebay fees.

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

something serious wrong at the moment with ebay or is it just the australian economy

or sellers are just not buying on here anymore

my sales compared to last years october/november are 60--80% down from last year

december last year was brilliant but this year im not so confident

Message 2 of 39
Latest reply

The obvious lack of sales on eBay is due to a number of factors, not the least of which are higher prices than anywhere else due to the exorbitant fees being levied by Ebay on their sellers, including higher shipping costs because eBay have added fees to those as well.

Ebay has also received some pretty bad publicity during the last year or so and their reputation is completely shot at the moment, and I seriously doubt that they can recover in light of the fact that far more customer-oriented sites like AliExpress are now servicing Australian buyers at prices eBay can only dream of.

Also, eBay have clearly forgotten that sellers are also buyers, yet they've treated their sellers so appallingly over the last couple of years that sellers are leaving eBay in their droves and they're taking their money with them and spending it elsewhere.

There are additional reasons but that's enough to be going on with for now.
Message 3 of 39
Latest reply

My store sales are way down however most of my auction items are selling and most with more than one bid. I don't think it helps that so many people come on these boards and put ebay down saying things like they are ripping people off and they don't care etc. Buyers read these boards as well and if I didn't know how few people post nothing but complaints it may put me off buying.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 39
Latest reply

Those who put eBay down and say they don't care are simply telling the truth.

Good deeds go unnoticed while bad deeds are shouted from the rooftops.

Message 5 of 39
Latest reply

Mine haven't changed much - but I don't have a high turnover, just happy with what I do.  

I have been researching my local area  (regional Victoria) "Buy Swap Sell" sites on Facebook, and after a quick search I found approx 6 sites, which have many members and items for sale.  Most are "pick ups" & available straight away.

I am sure this must have some impact on purchasing & paying postage type sales.  

Message 6 of 39
Latest reply

I was at dinner last night with a group of approx 15 people ( some sellers & buyers ) and this topic came up. The overwhelming opinion was that they have basically given up on ebay. The sellers said it just wasn't worth the hassle & the cost.The buyers said they find what they want elsewhere or buy directly from the Outlets.

Message 7 of 39
Latest reply

Phorum with a bit of luck eBay may read them and realise they are doing tgher wrong thing and make some changes to benefit buyers and sellers alike not just ebay and to a lesser extent buyers.
Message 8 of 39
Latest reply

@horizon1907 wrote:

I was at dinner last night with a group of approx 15 people ( some sellers & buyers ) and this topic came up. The overwhelming opinion was that they have basically given up on ebay. The sellers said it just wasn't worth the hassle & the cost.The buyers said they find what they want elsewhere or buy directly from the Outlets.

Oh H.

My invite must still be emailing in the airewaves.

What style food was on.

Message 9 of 39
Latest reply

yes,I am in the same situation,and ebay dont seem to offer free listings to non store holders as much as they use to.Strange,as they would make much more money off us.

Message 10 of 39
Latest reply