WILL ANYONE SHARE THEIR POSTAGE ''SECRETS''

I ship with Aus post now

most of my items fit in 500g bags ($7.15 plus around 50c for bag)

3kg bags ($11.70 plus around 50c p bag)

this is using the ebay/aus post options 

is there a courier service that is better rates?

or is there a better way to be less for Aus post?

or another way i cant think of ?

thanks for your replies ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: WILL ANYONE SHARE THEIR POSTAGE ''SECRETS''

I'm also interested in saving $8 on a $7.30 parcel.

???

Message 21 of 32
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

That was not the question. I sell them, then have to post them.

So, how do I save $8 on $7.30 AP postage?

Serious what is wrong with you? why do you and your 3 friends feel the need to hijack every thread about couriers? What is it your trying to achieve, if you put half the effort, you put into sabotaging threads on couriers, into selling you might even make yourself $10 a week

Maybe, just maybe, you should look at this thread................................................

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/I-Would-like-to-apologise-To-The-Members-Of-This-Board/m-p/1...

And possibly the section on board policies......................................sheesh.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 22 of 32
Latest reply

Lotsa muppets around unfortunately David.......................................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 24 of 32
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

Anyway I have wasted enough time on here so dig away Dave have fun knock yourself out. Well done you turned another thread that could have been informative into a total waste 

It's not very informative if you don't answer the questions, or give the wrong information

I'd like to know the answer to Dave's question as well.

How do you save $8+ on a $7.50 parcel please?

Message 25 of 32
Latest reply

Message 26 of 32
Latest reply

For the past two weeks I've been trying to hook up with an Aussie shipping company which says they can do better than Australia Post by offering me wholesale rates with DHL.  They are very slow to get things happening with me and I'm waiting on an offer which was meant to come through today but didn't, so it's not looking as good so far but the guy on the phone seemed genuine and happy to help me.

I desperately need an alternative to AP because their international shipping price increases in May, along with eBay's commission on postage, has all but killed my number one market of the United States.  SkippyPost is too much stuffing around for the small numbers I send.

If it works out with this other company, I hope to build my sales back up to how it was before.  And if it's a good experience I'll happily talk more about them to help them get more business and help other sellers.

Message 27 of 32
Latest reply

ROFL.....Woman LOL

Message 28 of 32
Latest reply

Not really secrets but might help someone: 

I noticed that no one has mentioned www.baggagefreight.com.au so figured I would flag it in case people are not aware.

You can almost always get a better price than AP for bigger items 

Alaso depends what you sell but a vacuum packer may be a worth considering - its surprising what fits through the large letter slot when all the air is sucked out - it is possibe then to save $5 on a $7 postage item. 

Message 29 of 32
Latest reply

Thanks for posting that.

They are a courier broker, similar to Sendle and Temando which are regularly recommended here.

It never hurts to add another carrier to the list.

Message 30 of 32
Latest reply