Was left negative feedback due to Ebay Plus

Somehow a buyer left negative feedback when purchased batteries, I never had free postage but he informed me with Ebay plus It said free post ?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Was left negative feedback due to Ebay Plus

It does say free postage with ebay plus on that listing (or the active one you relisted at least). Not sure what the buyer actually paid, but it does show.
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

cezm
Community Member

The buyer should have paid $59. Ebay would have paid the $9.80 IF the the buyer has signed up to eBay plus.

If they have signed up, it looks like this:

ebay plus.JPG

If not, then like this:

no ebay plus.JPG

Perhaps they thought 'try it for free' referred to the item, not ebay plus!

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I think I would write back and ask him if he has actually paid to join 'ebay plus' as the free postage only applies to members who have paid that yearly subscription fee to ebay, it is an ebay initiative. That ebay then covers the postage. But.. for all other ebay users, that is not the case.

It sounds to me as if he isn't actually a member and may not know exactly how ebay plus works.

If you find he isn't a member, then I would phone ebay to see if you can get the feedback removed but I think they would need to be asked to look at your actual messages because on its own, the feedback is vague, it doesn't mention ebay plus, in fact it praises the shipping. So.. I don't know how successful you would be, but I would politely try to coax an answer out of the buyer in messages to see if they will say why they gave the neg.

Just a couple of points though. I hope you won't mind me saying so, but I didn't think your response to the neg was at all helpful. It is extremely vague too. You don't get the chance to say much so every word needs to count & should cover exactly what the problem was. 

As a buyer, if I read that comment, I'd tend to think the fault was with the seller as the buyer said there was fast shipping but unhappy with everything else. That seems like a balanced comment, implies to me that they didn't like the item or other details about the sale and if you then go in with a put down, that tends to confirm the buyer's comment a bit.

I'm not saying that is how it is, just how it might look like.

The other point is that while a neg is hurtful, especially when it is not deserved, as long as your feedback is mostly positive I wouldn't worry. Hardly anyone has perfect feedback if they sell for any length of time. You can never please everyone!

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

OP has already left follow up feedback bad move

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

@Crow

Sadly a lot of sellers just donโ€™t know. They donโ€™t know either, just what a valuable resource these forums are.

Melina.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

i've had negatives removed by ebay after leaving follow-up feedback. however, it seems that the feedback the buyer left seems to only mention that they were happy with the shipping and not everything else? 

if they had of said in the feedback, expected free postage due to ebay plus, i think ebay would have removed it if they weren't a member of ebay plus. it doesn't read that way though; unless i'm missing something?

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

No, you're not wrong. That is the way it reads. Unless the seller can coax it out of the buyer in a private message that the everything else meant the fast postage was also meant to be free etc then the feedback will probably remain. If they mention unhappiness with anything else eg the batteries, as well as the postage cost, then ebay will leave it, I would imagine.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

OP has already left follow up feedback bad move

yep and it looks very childish.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Childish and pointless....how can anyone steer clear of a buyer they cannot identify?

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply