What Australian ombudsman do I contact to file a complaint against ebay?

I have beeen trying to sort an issue with ebay out for a while now. In a nutshell ebay has been the most evasive and unhelpful organisation I have ever dealt with.

Is there an ombudsman that can help with this issue? I am based in Australia.

Message 1 of 146
Latest reply
145 REPLIES 145

Re: What Australian ombudsman do I contact to file a complaint against ebay?

EBay purposely make it so difficult to complain. There is no direct email address to communicate your concerns. There is a ch a t line that takes forever to negotiate and respond. Then they will get back to you....YE a h when!!! Most of the on line chat just give you diplomatic BS.
Message 131 of 146
Latest reply

I have had the worst experience with eBay with absolutely no help in finding a outcome who do I go to for assistance.
Message 132 of 146
Latest reply

That would very much depend on your issue.

When was the purchase?

How did you pay?

Was the seller in Australia?

Was the item new or used?

If new, was the seller an authorised reseller of the item?

Message 133 of 146
Latest reply

You could start by posting on the boards.

Give full details of what has happened and what actions you have taken so far.

There are plenty of very knowledgeable responders here who will be able to offer some advice.

Message 134 of 146
Latest reply

kakadu07
Community Member
eBay after commission, they don’t care about you.
You search eBay for customer support but you can’t find contacts or email. Unfortunately call centre in India and they just ignore you and don’t have appropriate manager to talk to customer.
Message 135 of 146
Latest reply

@kakadu07 wrote:
eBay after commission, they don’t care about you.
You search eBay for customer support but you can’t find contacts or email. Unfortunately call centre in India and they just ignore you and don’t have appropriate manager to talk to customer.

The only way to contact ebay at present is via Live Chat.....the call centre has been closed since early last year due to COVID.  Go through the Help link at the top or bottom of any page.

Email has always been a useless option as it is answered by bots and usually does not answer the question.

The call centre is in the Phillipines not India and has been closed for nearly a year now.

Message 136 of 146
Latest reply

Who can i complain to I was selling pop tops on eBay for the last month after the first 2 weeks they cancel my listing and say I’ve infringed on a copy right which was incorrect so I relished them with a different listing worded completely different and was selling quite well now 2 weeks later they cancel the listings saying they think they are forgeries I don’t know how I make them by hand and then they had the audacity to say they did it got my safety and the other sellers selling the products.

In other words another seller wasn’t happy and they stopped my listings 

Who can I lodge a formal complaint with and get something done 

Message 137 of 146
Latest reply

I am also a seller here in Australia been scammed twice in one month by buyers ebay sits back does total nothing to stop this from happening !!!

First buyer buys two of my items  asks if I combine postage to which I said YES to,  postage on  both items was $44.00  I told buyer my rates on both item to post was  $28.00 post and handling buyer of her own accord came in and sid fine to that I did not hold gun to her head  she then receives the item comes in through ebay opened a false claim to start the claim, she opens dolls not as listed when cleary in claim to me was about wanting to be refund again another  $8.95 cents I said straight out not happening that's when all got very very nasty I went through HELL and back with that buyer and ebay buyer even started to send me very bad offence emails

NOW second buyer lair from very start to end   she buys item does not at any time contact me just straight away opens a return of item against me for may I add brand new item she said received damaged, dirt and smelling also right away leaves neg and very bad feedback to damage me as a seller  I go to ebay ask for help to which got none  i said to them WHY  as a seller top rated for 14 years with good long time buyers hurt myself my reputation and my sales on ebay does not make sense they just would not listen to anything I said after been a loyal member with them for 14 years always coming back at you to defend buyer, Buger did return item back  item was opened played with missing parts box very badly damaged  had black texture all through back of box oh that not all she sent nasty letter with the return of item to show me she was proud of what she done she gets a full refund made back to her EBAY  gets there value fees I am the loser in all of this EBAY'S COME BACK TO ME BY A MANAGER MAY I ADD TAKE THE LOSS YOU WILL MAKE UP AGAIN AND TO  MAKE SURE YOU HAVE FUNDS IF THESE HAPPENS AGAIN  TELL ME PLEASE IF THIS IS JUSTIFIED AS I CAN NOT SEE IT TO BE  THE HELL AND STRESS THIS HAS BEEN TO ME AFTER 14 YEARS OF BEING LOYAL TO A SITE AT THE END OF THE DAY DO NOT CARE A DAME  

Message 138 of 146
Latest reply

You need to call eBay - Go to Help at the top of the page and at bottom you will find Live Chat, where you can request a returnphone call.

I am at a loss as to how hand made income can infringe on a brand name, unless they have been made to look 'exactly' like an original design from the complaining company.

Have a read of this:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj2qYiDr9bvA...

Message 139 of 146
Latest reply

You post is very difficult to read and understand.

If you have been receiving abusive messages you need to speak to Live Chat as you can upload the messages but not sure what that would achieve as the outcome seems to have favoured both buyers.

By contacting eBay I assume you and your buyers went through a resolution process and that you provided any information requested by eBay during this process?

I notice you left false positives for bad buyer - this IS against eBay policy and suggests that maybe you are not following the procedures you need to.

Message 140 of 146
Latest reply