What are the limits on a seller watching their own auctions?

When my auctions are finishing, I am usually listing and alternate between listing and checking my seller list. Tonight when I refresh (or now try to go to) my seller list, I am now being diverted here:

Which gives the following message:

You’ve exceeded the number of requests allowed in one day. Please try again tomorrow.

What are the new restrictions on how often pages can be accessed by Ebay users? Will this system stop particularly keen or active bidders from being able to bid?

How does Ebay expect growth on the site if they restrict valid use by buyers and/or sellers?

Regards, Kevin

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I have never seen this. I have seen the message that says I have exceeded the maximum message limit. It did not stop me from replying to messages only sending messages to members that had not contacted me first.
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I am guessing that it is just another glitch in the very, very long list of ebay glitches at the moment.

I have not seen any other complaints by other sellers of anything similar and I have definitely not had any such restrictions applied to me as a buyer.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Oh well, one hopes that it is just a glitch I am encountering tonight, and I am not the first to encounter a new policy change.

It seems stupid to set up such restrictions on a commercial site, but then again, they have created the page that I have been diverted to.

Hmm, Kevin

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

I just clicked on the link you provided and got the same message as you got.   Just ignore it for now and see what happens tomorrow.Smiley SurprisedSmiley LOL

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Maybe one day when the techs are fiddling on a friday they'll actually fix something that wasn't broken in the first place.

.......................and maybe those said techs should read the boards and find out where the problems REALLY are.

Spoiler
"searches in vain for flying pigs......................."

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

There was a thread last week on the Powersellers board - turned out to be a glitch
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Is there any way to have my limits lifted? You would think that after 19 years I could be trusted to look at my selling list, and those of other sellers that I take an interest in, but I am exceeding whatever these ludicrous and unexplained limits are more and more often. (now once I am banned from my own list I have apparently also exceeded the limits when I look at anyone else's selling list)

Bah,  Kevin

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

I have never had any limits on my watching, browsing and buying on ebay and I am a very prolific buyer.

At the risk of asking the obvious.....have you cleared cookies and cache and rebooted your computer?

Have you tried ringing ebay and ask what is going on?

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Hi Lyndal,

I seem to get the problem quicker when I reboot than when the computer has been on for a couple of days. I rebooted before I started listing this evening.

I didn't know Ebay accepted phone enquiries these days - what number should I use?

It shows my age and ignorance - I have been criticised on the boards in recent years for making comments/posts that Ebay will not read (once upon a time they did read their boards and from time to time acted quite promptly where needed), and now I discover I should be phoning them, when once their business model was built around making phone contact as difficult as possible.

Kind Regards,  Kevin

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply