What are the limits on a seller watching their own auctions?

When my auctions are finishing, I am usually listing and alternate between listing and checking my seller list. Tonight when I refresh (or now try to go to) my seller list, I am now being diverted here:

Which gives the following message:

You’ve exceeded the number of requests allowed in one day. Please try again tomorrow.

What are the new restrictions on how often pages can be accessed by Ebay users? Will this system stop particularly keen or active bidders from being able to bid?

How does Ebay expect growth on the site if they restrict valid use by buyers and/or sellers?

Regards, Kevin

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

If you're adding them to your watch list you can only have 200 items on watch. That also includes items that have finished. Even if an item auto relists, the ended one will still show down the bottom part of your watch list. If you have any lists (new accounts don't have them), you can add 200 items to each of those too.

Of course if this isn't what the issue is, disregard this message!

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Tippy, if the problem is too many items on your Watch List the the message is that "Your Watch List is full.  Please remove any items that are no longer needed before adding any more" (or something like that)

I am lucky...I have the old style Lists.   Each list can have 200 items and you can have 50 lists.

Kevin, you can find the contact number by going to Help and Contact at the top or bottom of the page.  You may need to try several options to find a number even if it does not match your question.

Alternately you can request a call back....you tend to get more knowledgeable CS people with this option.

Sorry I cannot just give you a number but it is against board posting policy....go figure.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

technically 200 watches however sometimes it randomly allows me to add 300, and sometimes it doesnt

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Kevin, try this link for the contact numbers. (thanks to Kopes............)

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1485

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Thank you very much for the assistance.

Kind Regards,  Kevin

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply