What beeps me off is EBAY charges on shipping

No othe auction house will charge shipping fee on top of the shipping charges.

Shipping is not part of the final sale price!

Buyers complain about excessive shipping charges as it is.

EBAY is digging its way deeper into becomming the obsolete Trading Post  - Anyone remember that?

The problem is : Lack of competition. If you run a monopoly you can charge whatever you want. and bump up the prices using any dump excuse.

Gumtree is owned by ebay : for those who did not know that!

Check this one out. This is ebay version in Europe. "Allegro"

The fees are explained in Polish I think but you can see the figures.

Fees are Much much lower than EBAY. !!!!!!

http://pomoc.allegro.pl/artykul/25229/cennik-ile-kosztuje-korzystanie-z-allegro

Ebay , you just want to charge same fees as any auction house?

Than get a warehouse, employ poeple to handle the goods in and out, hire professional auctioneers, include all the overheads that auction houses have to deal with and than you can charge fees of 10-20%..  However still no fees on top of shipping charges, as the shipping in auction houses are arranged by the buyer, not the auction house..

EBAY  STOP DOUBLE DIPPING!!! 

Totally unaustralian ,,  But you are not Australian.. USA rather.

Ohh well... Than means you can screw the world and get away with it..  

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: What beeps me off is EBAY charges on shipping

Ahhh, yet another thread about something that was implemented in MAY. I'm not sure why people are only noticing now? There was plenty of corresepondence about it in the lead up.

You do know that you're not talking to eBay here don't you?

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Yes if you have a look at the hundreds of posts from when the shipping fees was introduced, you'll see that many ebayers submitted objections about this to the ACCC. The blunt reply we received then was that the ACCC would NOT be investigating these complaints. Full stop !!!

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

I agree wholehearrtedly. I just realised that I am being charged 10% of my postage fees. I only use ebay satchels as they offer the buyer $7.15 postage instead of $8.20, but I am now slugged $0.71 fee making the postage $7.86. 

It is not fair. They suck you in with the ebay satchels which show a 15% discount on Aust post satchels for the same weight.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

@fhec4708 wrote:

I agree wholehearrtedly. I just realised that I am being charged 10% of my postage fees. I only use ebay satchels as they offer the buyer $7.15 postage instead of $8.20, but I am now slugged $0.71 fee making the postage $7.86. 

It is not fair. They suck you in with the ebay satchels which show a 15% discount on Aust post satchels for the same weight.

How could you just realise when it has been widely publicised since the start of the year and implemented in MAY?? Do what everyone else is doing, pass the cost onto the buyer.

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Ahhh, yet another thread about something that was implemented in MAY. I'm not sure why people are only noticing now? .

Because some people actually have a life

So do not spend all their time on ebay and especially do not spend their time on discussion baords trying to be superior to others

I am sure that the OP actually has a life ... others should do the same

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Having a life has nothing to do with it. I have a life, a very good life. I also work full time. I wasn't buying or selling on eBay at the start of the year, yet I got multiple emails from eBay alerting sellers to the changes. Most people would have checked their email at least once between January and May. When I did start buying and selling again, the messages were all over the site.

It's up to sellers to keep up with the policy changes if they are selling, not whinge and moan about them months after they've happened because they feel hard done by. An employee is expected to keep up with policy changes in their regular job, it's no different here.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

If you are like me I only recently returned to ebay (after May) and was unaware of the fees added to postage.  So yes I was suprised by these fees and I agree that it is double dipping on ebay's behalf.  P.S. this is why I am reading the threads on postage fees. lol

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

Yep , ebay waving big stick AGAIN at us sellers , How about ALL US SELLERS dont list anything on ebay australia  for 6 months and see how they like there profits dropping and buyers going elsewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

@fhec4708 wrote:

So eBay charge you 9.9% (max) on a postage method that saves you 15% on the equivalent AP method and that is unfair? Please explain.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply