What do l do now ?

Hi everybody,  l had two sales on my other id. that were similar items, but listed separately. 1st. sales order/item went off okay to buyer, with tracking.  2nd. sales/item of very similar item (ww11. army chevrons)  to a different buyer with tracking has gone into "thin air".

So l nicely contacted 1st. buyer to see if she had received a double order/delivery . Here is my email to her:

Hi ******, 

Was wondering, did you by any chance receive another aust. post packet with some other aust. army chevrons in it ?

Thought that l may have sent them to you by mistake, as l did not record your order in my  selling account. The missing order was very similar to yours, as they were for another ebay buyer. He has lodged a inr, item not received claim against me, so l just refunded him in full.

He is happy and understands what has happened, just trying to track down his order.

Cannot for the life of me figure out where his item has gone, if you can help that would be great, thanks, &&&**%%.

28/7/15.

HER RESPONSE:   Sorry cannot help you.      29/7/15

So okay, cross that one out, on to the next thought.

Then you would not believe my luck, under last months National Geographic mag, l find an Aust/Post Receipt with Tracking Label attached for her Post Code, on the very day of posting for my 2nd. buyer. l had forgotten that l had sent it with AP Tracking.  Bonus Bingo !!!!!!

Missing parcel sent to 1st. buyer on 15/7/15 @ 9:47am  to 2765 Riverstone NSW.  LPS   AP Tracking No. 51005785623011

Carded to #$%^&  on 20/7/15 no one home. Attempted Delivery.

Item picked up at Riverstone LPS NSW, @ 10:37am Sat. 25th July 2015 

Now have beyond proof that 1st. buyer has both parcels. One hers, another not hers, nor paid for by her. This is theft.

Sadly, yes, l addressed 2nd parcel to same name & address as my 1st. parcel/order. My fault, l know.

Where do l go from here please ?

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: What do l do now ?

Received a telephone call this morning from Australia Postal Inspector Mark ***********, to inform me that the person under investigation for being in the possession of mail not intended for her, has now owned up to receiving and retaining postal articles, in that knowing that the said item was not intended for her.

cctv clearly showed her being given the parcel, a long with other mail that required a signature. Customer is well known to the counter staff at this AP Outlet. (country outlet nsw.)

Customer knew that the second parcel came from me, two parcels identical in size, and my hand writing. Customer thought that l had sent her " a gift " for buying from me.  If that was the case, l never received a thank you, just silence.

l did not want to press charges, or lay a formal complaint charge, said customer has apologized to me and AP. Items being sent by AP back to me. Thank you all for your help, in the end with ground work from AP, the truth has finally come out.

That's a brilliant outcome and I'm also pleased that she had to pick up the parcel from Riverstone LPO in person, as there's no way she can argue with what is clearly displayed on the PO's CCTV. Can't say that I'd be as forgiving as you've been, given the fact that the only reason she apologised is because she was caught out big time in a lie. Maybe I'm quite a bit older and have been around a lot longer, but I stopped with the 2nd chances a bloody long time ago and would have made sure the woman ended up with a criminal record, which might just make her think twice before stealing again (although I doubt it).

Still, you've managed to recover your parcel at no additional cost to yourself so no loss there, but the big winner here has clearly been your ex-buyer, by managing to avoid prosecution by the Federal Police for Mail Theft, particularly if she has prior offences as that could well have sent her to prison. It's been a good result all round, although it's just as well you didn't listen to those here who suggested that you forget about it because it was too much trouble to chase up. Smiley LOL

Message 31 of 32
Latest reply

Re: What do l do now ?

congrats you should buy a tatslotto ticket , how lucky are you that the parcel went to a little town postoffice and that the staff new who the person was , by the way who paid for the postage back to you .  if it was ap  you should thank them . have a nice day.

Message 32 of 32
Latest reply