What do l do now ?

Hi everybody,  l had two sales on my other id. that were similar items, but listed separately. 1st. sales order/item went off okay to buyer, with tracking.  2nd. sales/item of very similar item (ww11. army chevrons)  to a different buyer with tracking has gone into "thin air".

So l nicely contacted 1st. buyer to see if she had received a double order/delivery . Here is my email to her:

Hi ******, 

Was wondering, did you by any chance receive another aust. post packet with some other aust. army chevrons in it ?

Thought that l may have sent them to you by mistake, as l did not record your order in my  selling account. The missing order was very similar to yours, as they were for another ebay buyer. He has lodged a inr, item not received claim against me, so l just refunded him in full.

He is happy and understands what has happened, just trying to track down his order.

Cannot for the life of me figure out where his item has gone, if you can help that would be great, thanks, &&&**%%.

28/7/15.

HER RESPONSE:   Sorry cannot help you.      29/7/15

So okay, cross that one out, on to the next thought.

Then you would not believe my luck, under last months National Geographic mag, l find an Aust/Post Receipt with Tracking Label attached for her Post Code, on the very day of posting for my 2nd. buyer. l had forgotten that l had sent it with AP Tracking.  Bonus Bingo !!!!!!

Missing parcel sent to 1st. buyer on 15/7/15 @ 9:47am  to 2765 Riverstone NSW.  LPS   AP Tracking No. 51005785623011

Carded to #$%^&  on 20/7/15 no one home. Attempted Delivery.

Item picked up at Riverstone LPS NSW, @ 10:37am Sat. 25th July 2015 

Now have beyond proof that 1st. buyer has both parcels. One hers, another not hers, nor paid for by her. This is theft.

Sadly, yes, l addressed 2nd parcel to same name & address as my 1st. parcel/order. My fault, l know.

Where do l go from here please ?

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

What do l do now ?

Well unlike you, I wouldn't just sit on my ar$e and write it off, that's for sure. There's plenty that can be done legally and relatively inexpensively for the seller to recover the stolen goods.

Message 11 of 32
Latest reply

What do l do now ?

well i would not spend thousands and what ever to get back a few dollars less postage  and have an irate buyer sending it back to you ,when the seller has no proof of an article and in what condition . maybe you would spend that type of money to get very little back .  could you explain an cheap option for this seller ,  the buyer can say there was a book in the parcel worth $5.

its just like saying i send a watch to you cq  by mistake to your address , and its a rolex worth what ever , and you recieved it because it had tracking    but you kept it . how can i proove what type of watch it was. 

you cant go to ebay  because there was no transaction or paypal because it was not sent to the right address

Message 12 of 32
Latest reply

What do l do now ?

@joethenuts wrote:

well i would not spend thousands and what ever to get back a few dollars less postage  and have an irate buyer sending it back to you ,when the seller has no proof of an article and in what condition . maybe you would spend that type of money to get very little back .  could you explain an cheap option for this seller ,  the buyer can say there was a book in the parcel worth $5.

its just like saying i send a watch to you cq  by mistake to your address , and its a rolex worth what ever , and you recieved it because it had tracking    but you kept it . how can i proove what type of watch it was. 

you cant go to ebay  because there was no transaction or paypal because it was not sent to the right address

You're half right. But the proof is in the sale price. And ACORN, which, like the FOS, will cost the seller nothing, not thousands.

Message 13 of 32
Latest reply

What do l do now ?

do you actually read threads Joe. read above
Message 14 of 32
Latest reply

What do l do now ?

He reads them but clearly doesn't comprehend very much of what he reads.

I've already detailed several cheap or even free methods of recovering fraudulently obtained goods in the past. Search for one of those posts if you're truly interested, although frankly, I think you're simply arguing for the sake of doing so.
Message 15 of 32
Latest reply

What do l do now ?

I don't expect the buyer to have to wear the return postage

Perhaps not, but that was what it sounded like when you wrote in the earlier post "then ask her if she intends paying you for it, returning it at her expense, or giving it to the nice policeman who will doubtless be calling at her door to pick it up on your behalf." I guess the word 'her' can be a bit ambiguous.

.but neither would I be writing it off to bad luck or management on my behalf. Mistakes happen but that doesn't give the the buyer the right to benefit at the seller's expense as well as lying about it.

No it doesn't give the receiver the right to keep goods but how far a seller is willing to follow it up comes down, in part, to how expensive the item was. For some people it would be the principle of the thing & they would follow through, for others, they may just shrug it off and say that the time & effort involved would cost them more than the item was worth.

There seems to be some sort of anti-seller bias slipping into these conversations and I don't like it one bit. -CQ

I don't think I personally have an anti seller bias at all as I have (under a different ID) sold well over a thousand items in the past. I know how difficult some buyers can be.

But I find this case a bit different to most in that the woman who was sent the parcel was not a customer (not for this item).  It was an unsolicited parcel.

So it comes down to how much time/effort can she be expected to put in for nothing to help out a stranger?

Most of us would just say yes, we had the parcel, & wait to be sent a bag to post it back in, at our convenience.

Quite a few others unfortunately will take the attitude finders keepers. Makes for hassles all round.

Actually my sister & I once had something almost identical happen several years back. We didn't even know anything was wrong till my sister got an email from a customer to say a second parcel had arrived, what should she do with it as she hadn't opened it & knew it wasn't hers. My sister gave her the correct address to forward it on to & all was good. She could have kept it & said nothing, we had no tracking. Honest people are like gold.

Message 16 of 32
Latest reply

What do l do now ?

to cq and dave ,  you are forgeting something , she has not stolen anything ,what can acorn do ,[nothing]   at best the buyer could say oh i got a parcel ,she does not have to send it back to anyone , she can say ok pick it up .  she has wasted her time going to a postoffice picking up something that is not for her ,  now you want the buyer to package it again and take it to a postoffice, again mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm   its not going to happen .

at best she will say    come and pick it up.

as this was answered a few posts ago   , to the op  you have already asked the buyer ,she said she knows nothing . 

so do nothing and put it down to experience , unless you are willing to travel who knows were to pick it up ,there is no way she will send it to you , by the way what amount are we looking at.

Message 17 of 32
Latest reply

What do l do now ?

@joethenuts wrote:

to cq and dave ,  you are forgeting something , she has not stolen anything ,what can acorn do ,[nothing]   at best the buyer could say oh i got a parcel ,she does not have to send it back to anyone , she can say ok pick it up .  she has wasted her time going to a postoffice picking up something that is not for her ,  now you want the buyer to package it again and take it to a postoffice, again mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm   its not going to happen .

So she hasn't stolen anything, you say? Read the definition below then tell me again that she's the innocent party in this business. The moment she refused to return the item, she stole it. QED.

steal
stiːl/
verb
verb: steal; 3rd person present: steals; past tense: stole; gerund or present participle: stealing; past participle: stolen
  1. 1.
    take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.
    "thieves stole her bicycle"
    synonyms:purloin, thieve, take, take for oneself, help oneself to, loot, pilfer, abscond with, run off with, appropriate, abstract, carry off, shoplift; More
    have one's fingers/hand in the till;
    informalwalk off/away with, run away/off with, rob, swipe, nab, rip off, lift, ‘liberate’, ‘borrow’, filch, snaffle, snitch, souvenir;
    informalnick, pinch, half-inch, whip, knock off, nobble, bone, scrump, blag;
    informalheist, glom;
    informalsnavel;
    informaltief;
    archaiccrib, hook;
    informalwalk, go walkies
    "the raiders stole a fax machine"
    rarepeculation, defalcation
    "he was convicted of stealing"
    • dishonestly pass off (another person's ideas) as one's own.
      "accusations that one group had stolen ideas from the other were soon flying"
      synonyms:plagiarize, copy, pass off as one's own, infringe the copyright of, pirate, poach, borrow, appropriate; More
      informalrip off, lift, pinch, nick, crib
      "he alleged that his work was stolen by his tutor"
    • take the opportunity to give or share (a kiss) when it is not expected or when people are not watching.
      "he stole kisses in shop doorways"
      synonyms:snatch, sneak, obtain stealthily, get surreptitiously
      "she was a beauty, and he'd often wanted to steal a kiss"
    • (in various sports) gain (an advantage, a run, or possession of the ball) unexpectedly or by exploiting the temporary distraction of an opponent.
      "he stole the ball from Kevin Scott to run on and score his seventh League goal"
    • Baseball
      run to (a base) while the pitcher is in the act of delivery.
      "he claims he can steal a hundred bases this season"

Message 18 of 32
Latest reply

What do l do now ?

one problem  she was given the parcel ,she did not go to the owners property or to the owner and take it off her.

this is why if it ever went to court [costs]    also it could be asumed it was a gift.

a simple question to you cq.

you buy a box of brushes from me on ebay  ,,i send them to you   all  fine.

then a week later i send you parcel with rubbish in it ,and contact you and say did you recieve another box of brushes from me by mistake.   and you say there was nothing in the package when i opeded it, do i then go to [acorn] and call you a thief , because i have tracking to proove i send you another parcel, mmmmmm

this is a no win problem .

Message 19 of 32
Latest reply

What do l do now ?

I would send her the proof you have of delivery. then ask her to cross out her address on the second parcel and put "not at this address - return to sender. That shouldn't cost her anything if she puts it in a post box.

If she fails to do this then tell her that you and Australia post will be investigating further.

Message 20 of 32
Latest reply