What does Auspost tracking say if seller refuses returned parcel? Does paypal still refund?

This has gone to a Paypal claim, not an ebay claim.

I'm not sure if she's refused the return, but it looks like it's gone on a loop and gone back in her direction and I'm  a bit concerned:

Thu 13 Aug 2015 16:42

Processed through Australia Post facility

CHULLORA NSW

Wed 12 Aug 2015 13:11

SUNSHINE WEST VIC

Tue 11 Aug 2015 13:33

CHULLORA NSW

Mon 10 Aug 2015 13:12

Received by Australia Post

MELBOURNE VIC

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

What does Auspost tracking say if seller refuses returned parcel? Does paypal still refund?

she has opened a claim after 3 days? AP will not look for it until day 10.
It's highly likely it will still get to her. If paypal refund her I woud be ringing them quick smart to let them know it's only been 3 days.

Sorry I'm confused. you are the buyer returning an item? if the seller refuses it paypal will look at tracking to see if it made it back to her postacode and make a call on that I think.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

No no no, I'm the buyer. THe 10 days have passed. I have authorisation from paypal to return the item.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

She isn't in Chullora. She's in Avalon. It's weird it came back to VIC then went back to NSW for a second time?

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

jazza, it's been reported many times on these boards that the Chullora Mail Hub (along with 7 Hills I think) is very successful in sending parcels on a trans-Australia trip before getting them to the recipient, so probably no need to worry at this stage.

harley, I agree with you that Paypal would be likely take into account the tracking details jazza's provided and base their decision on that.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Bwahaha, why is that? 

Thanks for the reassurance! Is it a computer glitch or does it really do a sightseeing tour?

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

On the tracking jazza the parcels appear to be on tours of Australia, apparently AP installed new sorting machines at some major hubs a year or so ago, and things kind of went crazy after that.

So yes it seems to be a real tour, otherwise how would the scanning events show at other sorting offices.

Maybe we should shove all our pollies into Chullora to get them out of the way for a while.......................devil.gif

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

It's not uncommon for parcels to ping pong a few times between Chullora and Sunshine West. It could go between them another 3 or 4 times before it gets to where it's supposed to be going. Don't be surprised if it has a brief stop over in Qld on the way.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Jazz, Chullora is AP's black hole, parcels go there and they get stuck for days at a time. you are lucky your parcel is still on the move LOL

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

@wendshee wrote:
 Don't be surprised if it has a brief stop over in Qld on the way.

Some even make it over here to WA...............(hopefully that won't happen to any redirected pollies............willy_nilly.gif)

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply