What happen if buyer want return product without send back

Hi,

What happen if buyer want return product without send back?

I have recenlty sold unwant item on ebay, buyer want to refund without send it back, he suspect not work.

I did refund it stright away, refund done by Paypal already.

But buyer still claim not receive refund payment, want to get his lawer to take legal action.

I did send screen shot of paypal refund, show him the money is gone from my end.

He still think it's fake document, what should I do?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: What happen if buyer want return product without send back

Or ask the question BEFORE you've taken the wrong action.

No point asking for opinions when you have already given your choices (as well as your item) to the buyer.

Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

@audrone2016 wrote:

Hi,

I thought if refund won't get negative feed back, but still get negative feed back.

He just give most seller negative feed back

You messed up your reply to the bad feedback. You should have said-Buyer GIVEN full refund but won't return item, not 'offered full refund'.

If you read the feedback that buyer often gives, there is a pattern. He gets 'faulty' items and the seller doesn't refund so he gives them a negative.

But the part about 'doesn't refund' is very odd, isn't it.

Because ebay does usually offer some protection for buyers, they have to in this day & age if they want customers to have any confidence in the site. Buyers usually would get a refund if they produced evidence of a faulty item.

But ebay usually has a procedure buyers would need to follow if they opened a case. That procedure would normally involve producing eg a photo to show the damage to an item then being sent a label for returning that item for a full refund. If there was no proof of delivery, then a buyer could claim item not received.

The fact that the buyer claims so many items are faulty yet he got no refund suggests he never follows this procedure. He doesn't open a formal case, he doesn't produce any evidence, he doesn't return the items.

Bad feedback here and there isn't the end of the world so never let a buyer like this bluff you. Ask for photos of damage or faults. Go through the correct procedure, where the person has to return an item & don't you refund till the item gets back to you.

This won't save you from negative feedback but it will save you money, as I suspect this person is all bluff, after an easy refund where they keep the item too. You didn't have to allow this.
Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

I am not sure if it works but you can try to engage police from the area where this buyer lives(you have got his address)

Make sure your refund has been processed. If you got his payment through paypal and refunded back there should be a record for the refund in your Paypa account. That's more than enough for the proof.

Then contact the buyer and say that paypal has a record that he has been sent the refund but you have not received the item. Explain that to  him that you want the item back as you do not give items for free. So it must be sent back withoiut any delays and excuses. And if he refuses to return the item tell him you will call the poilce and they will visit him.

You may just bluff that you call the poilce or really  call a  police station in his area and explain them what has happened. The buyer may threaten you with whatever pleases him but at the end of the day he is doing wrong things not you. So it may be time to teach him a good lesson.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 23 of 23
Latest reply