What is the point of being a Top Rated Seller??

You do everything right and yet your listings show from page 10 onwards hence no sales for days on end. Anyone else find it's pointless being a TRS??

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: What is the point of being a Top Rated Seller??

TRS does not, and never has, confer any special privileges. It is simply a measure of sales volumes and amounts.

It allows a TRS a warm and fuzzy feeling. And makes it a little harder to fall below standard. And stops unhappy buyers from leaving a neg for 7 days, allowing them to cool off a bit before leaving it.

Page 10 of what? 'Best' match? What about those buyers who have purchased from you previously? I'll warrant your items are better matches for them than you looking at 'best' match without being signed in, or having never bought from yourself. How do you know the 225 listings above yours aren't also listed by TRSs? The bar isn't particularly high.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Page 10?

25 to a page or 200 to a page?

Nobody looks at 25 per page, surely

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

My pages are set to 200. I thought I would make more sales being TRS which I have been for several months but I'm making less than when I was Average guess I will need to look at prices and list more on a daily basis. 

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I have been TRS for several years. It has made no difference whatsoever to my sales.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

From the point of view of a buyer only, I don't even look to see if a seller is top rated.   It has absolutely no effect on my buying.

As long as the feedback is OK and the price and delivery time is acceptable I buy.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Ahh, The Tyranny Of The Default.

All those people who still have a yahoo/hotmail account, browse the internet with internet explorer (which they call the "Blue E") and have a home telephone line that they actually use.

Frankly most people on ebay probably don't change any of the default settings when they shop on ebay.
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

From my point of view, everyone should know by now that:

• DVDs are region locked
  • yellow red and white RCA cables are not compatable with HDMI
  • WiFi, bluetooth and mobile broadband are not the same thing, and not used in the same way

Yet I still encounter these people all the time. My point is that someone who is less familiar with ebay will assume that if a seller has more badges, they are a safer bet when buying on "fleaBay".

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

I still have a Hotmail account and a landline phone, but IE was dropped well over a decade ago!
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Still have Hotmail, Yahoo and a landline 

IE was banished long long ago

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply