What means "delayed" in AP tracking

I sold item 24thNovember, posted 25th to small place past Nhill and the buyer is not happy because it is not delivered as yet.  The problem is that the tracking said estimated delivery Tuesday 26th!!!!! from Melbourne.  And now it says "delayed".  does it mean it is lost?

parcel missing.JPG

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would open a case via the AP website. The buyer will be able to see on the tracking that you have opened an enquiry. If you are on Facebook, I've found asking on their Facebook page to be quite helpful. Make sure the page has a blue tick (there are plenty of fake pages). If you put a polite message up, they generally bend over backwards to help. Most people go in guns blazing and are quite rude when they ask.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Posted on the mon and delivery expected tues.

That is unrealistic even if you posted express post.

I am guessing the delayed notification has automatically come up because of the incorrect estimated delivery date.

I would call AP to clarify so you have something to tell the buyer direct from AP.

image host
Message 2 of 41
Latest reply

I would open a case via the AP website. The buyer will be able to see on the tracking that you have opened an enquiry. If you are on Facebook, I've found asking on their Facebook page to be quite helpful. Make sure the page has a blue tick (there are plenty of fake pages). If you put a polite message up, they generally bend over backwards to help. Most people go in guns blazing and are quite rude when they ask.

Message 3 of 41
Latest reply

Normal delivery time from there to Nhill is 3 business days according to Aust Post.     So best case Friday but not probable.

I bet it turns up today or tomorrow.

I would email the buyer and explain that.

Message 4 of 41
Latest reply

The buyer is getting upset; it did not come today, and so I filled the missing item form.  That'll teach them telling people they will deliver next day standard mail parcel from Melbourne half way to Adelaide.. 

Just few weeks ago it took 4 days to get my eBay purchase bought from seller about 20km from here = another suburb within Melbourne. 

Message 5 of 41
Latest reply

Did the tracking change in any way?

Message 6 of 41
Latest reply

No, the tracking is still the same but there is a line saying that cae has been opened.  It still only has the one scan when I submitted it, and then it says "delayed".   I guess just as well I got the receipt.

Message 7 of 41
Latest reply

Maybe there's a glitch in aust post tracking somewhere - I had exactly the same thing this week but I was the buyer - I could see my item had been picked up by Aust Post on 21 Nov and then nothing - just the "delayed" sign like you have, and then today 2 Dec it came!  without any further tracking.

Message 9 of 41
Latest reply

Thanks!  Wonder if I could have forgotten to sign the dangerous goods declaration? 

Message 10 of 41
Latest reply