What means "delayed" in AP tracking

I sold item 24thNovember, posted 25th to small place past Nhill and the buyer is not happy because it is not delivered as yet.  The problem is that the tracking said estimated delivery Tuesday 26th!!!!! from Melbourne.  And now it says "delayed".  does it mean it is lost?

parcel missing.JPG

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Too late now. You needed the 2 months to start 2 months ago.

You'll have to wait until March now.

Don't you remember 'Squatter'? You get money for 'good autumn and spring rains'. Not summer rain. That's a whole different song.

Message 21 of 41
Latest reply

There are around 20 fires in rural areas of Victoria 😢

Message 22 of 41
Latest reply

Well, there you go. There hasn't been any mention of them on the news, only the NSW/Qld ones.
Message 23 of 41
Latest reply

All states have an emergency warning website, not just for bushfires and burnoffs but accidents etc as well, this is the WA one:-

https://www.emergency.wa.gov.au/

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 24 of 41
Latest reply

tippy*toes, have you tried looking on sellmothertoaxemurdererforrain.com?

There are fires in Victoria, with the relevant information at http://emergency.vic.gov.au/respond/

They are not the horrendous and catastrophic fires which have caused so much havoc in NSW, QLD and SA, though. Not this time; not yet.

Message 25 of 41
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
Well, there you go. There hasn't been any mention of them on the news, only the NSW/Qld ones.

I guess the VIC fires are not threatening houses, so they do not make it to the news.  I remember few years ago when there was NASA satellite footage of the world taken over time at night  showing how our cities glow even from space. But Australia had not only the expected "hot spots" where our cities were, but quite a lot of large lit up areas in middle of the desert.   When I questioned it, the explanation was that in the uninhabited parts of Australia there are wild fires started by lightning burning every day of the year. 

The problem for AP is that when there are large fires in NSW an Qld the AP here cannot send the mail up there, especially if roads are closed, so they have to store it.   It takes a while to sort out the backlog.

Message 26 of 41
Latest reply

I'm well aware of the emergency website. That's where I looked up the Victorian fires last night (all in heavily treed, fairly inaccessible areas). I just don't think it necessary to check for fires on 14 degree days, whether it's summer or not, especially when it's still raining here (on and off).

They're pretty paranoid about fires here because the town was burnt out over 70 years ago. I had two notices to clear the grass before the clean-up deadline, yet the woman over the back fence has been allowed to have thick knee-high grass for the last two summers, along with huge piles of fallen branches, sticks, twigs and leaves. This is how fires spread - because people refuse to clean up and take things seriously.
Message 27 of 41
Latest reply

report her

Message 28 of 41
Latest reply

I got to a top of 6.1 yesterday. The "feels like" briefly made it above zero in the afternoon. For a fleeting moment. It didn't stop half the state still being on fire. One thing the media carped on about repeatedly was, just because it's cold and wet, doesn't mean the fires aren't still there. No one should let their guard down, especially when the wind picked up big time in the afternoon.

On that note, it's freezing again tonight and my electric blanket is calling me.

Message 29 of 41
Latest reply

@*kazumi* wrote:

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

I guess the VIC fires are not threatening houses, so they do not make it to the news.  I remember few years ago when there was NASA satellite footage of the world taken over time at night  showing how our cities glow even from space. But Australia had not only the expected "hot spots" where our cities were, but quite a lot of large lit up areas in middle of the desert.   When I questioned it, the explanation was that in the uninhabited parts of Australia there are wild fires started by lightning burning every day of the year. 

The problem for AP is that when there are large fires in NSW an Qld the AP here cannot send the mail up there, especially if roads are closed, so they have to store it.   It takes a while to sort out the backlog.

As they say, never let the truth get in the way of a good story but the truth did eventually surface.  That pic and its accompanying

BS story,  turned out to be a multi image overlay/amalgamation, from memory taken over a three month period.  Totally altered and exagerated the appearance of hundreds of individual and inconsequential fires, which could have been started by many means and for many different purposes.   The initial pic did look impressive and Oh so alarming, but when broken down into the nightly snapshots there was bugger all to be seen.

Message 30 of 41
Latest reply