When can I open a UPI?

5kazam2
Community Member

Buyer purchased small item on 1st May, paid straight away with an eCheque (Total incl. post $12.45)

PayPal advised yesterday, 4th May, eCheque was not honoured.  eBay sold section said to send invoice, which I did. 

I also sent a message to the buyer requesting a replacement eCheque or pay by direct credit.  He then messaged to say

"sorry mate late reply been workin ill have to give it a miss sorry mate me mate wanted me to buy it but hasnt given me the money yet sorry". 

This buyer also has a few negative/positives on his FB.

So when can I open the UPI?  4 days from original payment, or 4 days from dishonoured cheque/invoice sent?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

When can I open a UPI?

Open UPI exactly 4 days to the min, so sometime today,  Wait the required 4 days if not settled you can get fees back and buyer a well deserved strike.  Dont forget to add them to your BBL.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

When can I open a UPI?

As said 4 days from sale date.

And once the case is closed, neither party can leave feedback.

If it's left by the buyer before it's closed, call eBay to have it removed.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

When can I open a UPI?

Open UPI exactly 4 days to the min, so sometime today,  Wait the required 4 days if not settled you can get fees back and buyer a well deserved strike.  Dont forget to add them to your BBL.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

When can I open a UPI?

As said 4 days from sale date.

And once the case is closed, neither party can leave feedback.

If it's left by the buyer before it's closed, call eBay to have it removed.

image host
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

When can I open a UPI?

Many thanks to both of you.

Actually he has already left FB - a positive 'Thanks'

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

When can I open a UPI?

Were you able to open the UPI? I wouldn't think it would be an option given they had attempted payment. Curious to know!

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

When can I open a UPI?

Haven't tried yet.  Sale was made at 8.16pm on the 1st, so figured I would do the exact to the minute 4 days thing and see what happens.

Must admit I'm curious as well. Hence my question this morning.  I'll post back here when I get a result.  It may be of benefit to others who have had a similar situation, to know what to do.

edit : Decided I will get a call back from eBay and find out their opinion (hopefully it will be of some use).

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

When can I open a UPI?

Just had it confirmed from eBay that it doesn't matter that he 'attempted' (?)  to pay.  The fact the payment wasn't honoured means (as kopes and daydreams advised) UPI can be opened 4 days after sale.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

When can I open a UPI?

Great news! Very handy to know if the need ever arises.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

When can I open a UPI?

could it be that some clever buyers are using echeque payments in the hope an inexperienced seller will post the item before it clears thinking well i see it in my account so it must be ok.

then it doesnt clear.

if a seller was to post before it cleared i would think they would lose the item and the money?

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

When can I open a UPI?

@davidc4430 wrote:

could it be that some clever buyers are using echeque payments in the hope an inexperienced seller will post the item before it clears thinking well i see it in my account so it must be ok.

then it doesnt clear.

if a seller was to post before it cleared i would think they would lose the item and the money?

I've had buyers try that. One even messaged me to tell me their eCheque cleared and to post straight away, only they had actually cancelled their payment. 

Didn't fly with this little black duck. 

you're despicable

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply