When will ebay allow sellers to leave "appropriate" feedback on buyers?

I'm so sick and tired of not being able to leave appropriate feedback on buyers!  I've had it with people buying up big on auctions then not communicating and not paying!  You can leave squat in terms of feedback.  It always has to be positive.  

Then some other poor selling sucker can't benefit from another sellers bad experience by honing in on negative feedback.

There is no mechanism to sanction these time wasting freaks!  

Fix it ebay or continue to lose sellers to Facebook!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: When will ebay allow sellers to leave "appropriate" feedback on buyers?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Just open a dispute if the item is not paid for after 4 days...close it 4 days later if still notpaid forand give the buyer a strike.

If you have your blocks in place you will not get non payers so no need to agonise over feedback.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Yep, did all that and the buyer sent payment right on teh day the dispute was scheduled to be closed.  

There is no way I sould then trust this buyer by sending the goods and risking and risking hime saying he didn't receive them, as he was obviously pulling my chain by not communivatng at all then sending payment right at the last minute.

The thing is, he is now free to go and do this with other unsuspecting sellers.  He already has feedbackfrom other sellers saying he failed to pay, but it shows as positive feedback.  This is a rediculous situation!  Ebay need to fix it!

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

You should fix it by learning how to use the eBay system.

It's soooo simple it's ridiculous.

Neg feedback does nothing in that respect.

Doesn't stop non payers from buying or bidding in the last minutes and seller cannot do anything even with feedback.

The blocks are the only things that weed out non payers and if you want to eliminate ALL non payers, set BIN price with immediate payment.

image host
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

And other sellers breaking the rules by leaving false positives because they don't open IUC's is not helping either.

I think the biggest problem with non payers is sellers not reading the instructions. Too lazy comes to mind.

I meet a lot of people whom cannot be bothered to read instructions and rules trying to wing it only to become frustrated and do more damage in the long run. And often the answers are right at their fingertips if only they read the instructions.

image host
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

A strike not enough for the non-payer timewasters, there should be a visible red dot on the buyer's feedback section at least after the unpaid item cases close without payment. I am OK with that if ebay leaves automatically a warning about unpaid item like "such and such item has not paid by buyer" 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

But if put your blocks to block members with 2 or more strikes within 12 months that weeds out serial non payers.

Also block accounts that are not phone verified.

If just all sellers learnt to activate their blocks on their accounts and did UPC's instead of leaving feedback we wouldn't have non payers. Well only the ones with 1 strike and they are probably genuine and pay.

Last when I looked at my blocked activity I was surprised at the number of buying/bidding attempts were made on my account by members with strikes.

image host
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply