Where to buy stamps below face value

oztoprank
Community Member

Hello,Does anyone know where to buy mint stamps below face value?We have a supplier who can supply mixed mint stamps(1c-$5) at 60% of face value.But the dealer can't supply much.We need about $20k worth of stamps each month.We are paying aupost over $20k a month sending letters to our customers.Is there any way we can save money on the postage?

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Where to buy stamps below face value

@steove-11 wrote:

@oztoprank wrote:

Hello,Does anyone know where to buy mint stamps below face value?We have a supplier who can supply mixed mint stamps(1c-$5) at 60% of face value.But the dealer can't supply much.We need about $20k worth of stamps each month.We are paying aupost over $20k a month sending letters to our customers.Is there any way we can save money on the postage?

HI JUST WONDERING IF YOU ARE STILL WANTING TO BUY STAMPS, AM WILLING TO SUPPLY I HAVE LOTS. FROM STEVE

Steve, that post you replied to was posted 8th January 2013, and, they havent visited these boards since 3rd July 2013.

I don't think they will be back to read your post.

Message 31 of 34
Latest reply

Message 32 of 34
Latest reply

@few86098-geemail wrote:

I once sold, on Gumtree, a heap of fresh, unused Australia $1 stamps (about $450 worth), 18 Australia Post 3-kg Express/Regular satchels (evenly split) and about 40 Express large/medium envelopes for $600 all up. These were left over from a now defunct home office, and I was happy to make this concession. What I don't get about a lot, if not all, eBay sellers selling these type of items is that they sell it for exactly the same price, if not more, than what one would pay at the local post office or post shop. Of course some sellers point to the fact that one can get an eBay discount of 10% (this offer is limited to one purchase ever by the way). Then many times the buyer has to pay postage on top of the item purchase, and, of course, the seller has to pay a selling fee of almost 10%. Who is winning here? Am I completely missing something here? Could someone please enlighten me to rationale of all this?

OK old thread, but here is the answer for those who are interested.

Who is winning here ? The Chinese printing companies that churn out FAKE Australia Post satchels and the ebay sellers who pay a few cents for them and sell them to unsuspecting ebay buyers for hundreds of dollars. And lets not forget ebay also win as they take a commission fee on every fake satchel sold. All up a nice little earner all round. 

Message 33 of 34
Latest reply

Who is winning? Australia Post by a huge margin regardless of what others are doing!

Besides, how would China make valid tracking numbers to go with those fake satchels? The satchels, tough bags, bubble mailers and envelopes cost Australia Post the same few cents to make either way yet they charge like a rhino on meth on a skateboard for the luxury of having that logo on their packaging.

The best thing to do is just wait for a discount promo from eBay (e.g. 10% off your next purchase up to $100 or the like) and then buy as many packs of stamps as possible, they do buyer discounts all the time (unlike seller discounts which are few and far between and are usually by invitation only).

Another cheaty way is to know someone who can get concession stamps but doesn't need them, but note that you can only use concession stamps on letters (e.g. up to 5 stamps, 20mm thick etc.), not parcel post.

I would avoid reusing used stamps as they can be spotted a mile away, and by used, I mean ones which have no postmarks whatsoever - even the "clean" ones have telltale signs like water damage or curvature from being peeled.

As for the age of the initial post, this topic is timeless.
Message 34 of 34
Latest reply