Who Pays Postage when Customer calims Item did not live up to its expectations?

Hope someone can help with my query.

I refunded the $16 to customer as i dont want her hassling me or worst still leaving me negative feedback.

If this happens in future i want to know who is liable for return of item me or customer?

In the first instance i told her i would pay the $16 postage for her to return item, but then i read something which indicated that im not responsible for paying the $16 postage fee

Below is the email she sent me:

I told you that they are no good to me as I couldn't use them in my Microwave Oven, as it was a 1200 Watt.
The instructions said only to use in a 700 to 900 Watt Microwave Oven. I didn't say they damaged.
They are in the original boxes that they came in.
I took you at you word that you would pay the return postage like you said you would, obviously your word isn't good enough.
In the listing it says Power: 1500W but on the instruction sheet that comes with item is totally different. This needs to address.
That is why I complained as it very different and a lot of people go of the User Manual's and Instructions on how to use any Item.
You seller's need to get your act together and give out the right information and instructions so people aren't left in the dark or guessing how to use them like I was. I was looking forward to using them but it was all so unclear in the Instructions that came with the product.

I emailed her back to advise that I have refunded her the $16 but i have not heard from her.   I think she's really angry at me and will report me or leave me negative feedback.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Who Pays Postage when Customer calims Item did not live up to its expectations?

@davewil1964 wrote:

What's a microwave?

It's a ......

"Radarange"

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Re: Who Pays Postage when Customer calims Item did not live up to its expectations?

It's a Tucker  *ucker

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

It’s a restrained little hand movement graciously extended to the crowd.

Word has it that if you place a raw chicken in its vicinity, 20 seconds later you’ll have a roast chicken dinner ready.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

The woman is a moron.  She couldnt even get her account number correct so that i could refund her lousy 16 bucks back.

Made sure I got  the bundle back before issuing her with the refund.

I spoke with ebay regarding this matter and they assured me that, NO I DONT have to pay the postage.

The only reason I refunded her was because I didnt want her leaving me negative feedback

Ebay assured me that if she does leave negative feedback that they will intervene and will remove it.  In the meantime I have blocked the stupid woman.  No amount of money is worth dealing with customers like her

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

This is a public board.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that your buyer will read this thread at some point.

Are you sure that you want to use this sort of tone in referring to her? It is not a very professional approach - and it may even put off other potential buyers who don't like the way you speak in public about one of your customers... albeit one who may have irritated you. A wrong account number is bothersome... but it's a mistake, not a dagger to the heart.

In my view, the best way in which to communicate with a client, or a buyer, or anyone with whom you do business, is ... professionally. Keep feelings out of it if you can, and whatever you may think privately, don't publicly insult your trading partner. Were I you, I'd be asking the moderators to remove that post, and I question whether marking it as the "solution" is likely to come back and bite you on the nether regions.

I'm sorry that this has been a troublesome transaction for you. I still believe that keeping it professional in tone is the best way to handle the situation.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply