Why am i charger for postage by ebay

Why am i charged a postage cost by ebay? They charge me a percentage when i sell my item and now when i just got an invoice and checked it ( have not checked before) they have double dipped on the postage, i do all the work packing the bloody parcel, i use my tape my bubble wrap and have to get a box sorten out for the item, they say charge the customer then you get less rateing because your postal charge is to high, i just sold an item and they charged me $10 commission and $17 for postage, what a joke, no wonder there sales are down and people are going else where. Peed off.
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Why am i charger for postage by ebay

because that's the way it is now. This new system has been in place for about a year now. You need to keep up with ebay policies and changes if you haven't sold on here for a while. In your example the item you sold must have sold for a few hundred dollars to be changed that amount?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I just read your post again were you charged 17 for postage or commision on the 17 for postage? If you have created a postage label in ebay then yes your account will be charged. If you create labels in ebay you are supposed to print it out and place it on your item. You then only need to post your item no extra to be paid at the PO.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Because thats the way it is, what a cop out, it dont meen it is right because thats the way it is, its a joke when they dont do any thing as far as packing goes. Thats right lay back and take it?
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Does the entry on your invoice say FVF on postage, or eBay Postage?  If the latter, then you have hit the Print Postage Label button and purchased cut rate postage through eBay.  This porocess allows you to print a prepaid label, stick it to your parcel and post over the counter at the PO without paying any more.  It sounds as though you have purchased a label and have not used it, but instead paid postage again at the post office, in which case you have paid twice for your postage.  This is hardly eBay's fault.  If you don't use eBay postage, you will only be charged fvf fees on the amout of postage you charged the buyer. 

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

it's much easier to blame ebay though Penny
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@blue-lily wrote:
it's much easier to blame ebay though Penny

Yep. Why actually bother to understand the consequences of what you do, or don't

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply