Why are your fees so high? My Facebook sales are outselling eBay massively

I just took another item down off ebay as I sold it on Facebook for a better price and within 2 weeks.  No paypal fees and no ebay fees.  All profit.  I used to sell alot on ebay but now favour Facebook having sold in excess of $1000 worth of second hand items in 4 weeks.  Facebook is out performing eBay.  I would have listed these same items with ebay if you didn't slug me so much between ebay and paypal opn every sale.  I sold a $300 tutu - no fees.  Both myself and the buyer were very happy.  I personally like ebay but list hardly anything with you anymore.  I used to have sales almost daily.   Sales are still just as good but with Facebook.  I think you need to have a real big overhaul of your fee structure if you want to keep people selling.  I'm happy to pay fees but I have always felt your fees are ridiculously high and now I have another avenue as do we all, I can't believe eBay haven't kept with the times

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Why are your fees so high? My Facebook sales are outselling eBay massively

Kollector, one thing I found years ago on ebay was that ridiculous shoes-the higher the heel the better-would sell on ebay but more sensible shoes, harder. Don't know if that still applies.

I managed to sell some Colorado brand shoes on the FB marketplace but some others in good brands, and other different items, not a lot of success, although I had some people asking where items were located (despite there being a map with suburb showing) and some who expected me to go into the city to meet them to drop them off. As I am 35km out of town & we're talking about $8 items, I gave that a pass.

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply