Why can a buyer give neg for excess postage,when the postage is stated in the postage details

if postage is stated in details.

how can a buyer give a neg feedback,as a seller and buyer i all ways look at postage and offen i think its to much i dont buyand look else where.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Why can a buyer give neg for excess postage,when the postage is stated in the postage details

Because Ebay allows them the opportunity to do it,so to avoid low DSR or neg for postage you need to give free postage and incorporate it into your item price.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Re: Why can a buyer give neg for excess postage,when the postage is stated in the postage details

What a wonderful idea, incorporating postage into the purchase price just so we can pay a commision on the postage as part of the total sale. Perhaps a better idea may be to charge a reasonable rather than an excessive amount for postage and packing.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

thank you all. over the years i have only sold 228 items and this is the first neg. i just thing itis wrong if the post is shown i have been caught short a few times but thats the nature of the games.thank you again for your replies

phil007au

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Many buyers are becoming very annoyed by postage piracy that is becoming more common place on ebay as sellers try to avoid commission, selling items cheaply and jacking up postage costs to make up the difference. . There have been several examples on the forums recently where buyers have been very aggrived by excessive postal charges. Your postage is not excessive if you include signiture on delivery.  You have probably just been unlucky with this buyer. Unfortunatly you get all sorts on ebay and need to be prepared to take an unfair knock, now and again. It may be worth phoning ebay and speaking to a customer service person. If they are having a good day they may be willing to help you have the neg removed. ( but dont hold your breath waiting )  You could also leave a follow up comment to the neg. with factual break down of costs if they come close to actual charge. ie 3 kg. satchel $12.95 plus bubble wrap, 0.50 cents. or Small parcel $6.95, Sig on delivery, $3.00, Bubble wrap 0.50 cents or something similar. It may be worth spending $28 on a set of electronic kitchen scales from one of the major stores. These are very accurate and will allow you to work out in advance how much your postage costs should be..

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

ytwo000
Community Member

maybe ask ebay (phone call) to remove your neg since ph was clearly stated.

by the way.make sure you block this fool from buying again

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Another thing that annoys buyers is when the postage is at the high end of reasonable to high....and the seller scrimps on the packaging to increase profit...and it's more luck than good management that the item arrives undamaged.

Also, I wish sellers that say 'Standard Delivery' (ie Aust Post) also mention it's a Signed For delivery where appropriate.  Standard delivery means my purchase can be safe dropped and I would get it quickly.

Signed for (grrrrr) means if I miss the delivery, because my local post office is prone to no parking and long queues, I  will need to have my purchase transferred to a more 'arthritis-friendly' pick up point...and factoring in how long it will take to get transferred etc I may not be able to collect it for more than a week after I get the card.

I had just such a purchase where there was no mention of Signed for (and ironically no listing of the tracking number on eBay when it was posted).  It wasn't an expensive purchase, and it would have been quite OK to safe drop.  I guess for every Standard Delivery local purchase I make I will have to contact the seller first to find out if they also mean Signed For or not.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

" I guess for every Standard Delivery local purchase I make I will have to contact the seller first to find out if they also mean Signed For or not."

Your final sentence answers the question

Clear communications between buyer and seller and not assumptions are the key.

If you dont want signed for or a " Do not safe drop sticker " on your item then ask the seller. Keep in mind the seller will be on the end of an "Item not received " claim if it gets taken from your yard. You get your money back and the seller loses your payment and their item.

Communications before purchase is the key.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

As there are so many variables as to how an item may be posted and packaged it is difficult for one to know prior to a purchase if a post and handling charge is actually reasonable or not.  

I do not make specific enquires as to the breakdown of post charges in listings prior to purchase, I operate on an assumption that post and handling costs are compliant with relevant ebay policies as well as being reflective of the service I am paying for

If sellers are not going to provide a post and packaging service in accordance with ebay policy and commensurate with the $$$ I have paid for the service then it is highly likely I will ding stars accordingly and may leave less than favourable feedback. 

I don't know why there are a number of sellers that struggle with this ? 

If you have high handling costs that are "invisible" to a buyer, roll them into the cost of your goods as you do other business expenses, rather than lump them into the post charge.  

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

**tay**
Community Member

Having seen the item in question, it would not have worried me at all paying your postage amount. I hope eBay will remove the neg for you.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply