Why can't ebay get involved with a buyer who is a liar and a thief ? He lied about damaging my item.

REMOVED is a thief and a liar.  Why can't ebay help me to get my item back from this person?  He has been refunded but ebay will not communicate with him to ask him to send my item back to me.  This has been going on for over three months.  Very disappointed.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Why can't ebay get involved with a buyer who is a liar and a thief ? He lied about damaging my item.

you cannot 'name & shame' here.....the moderators will remove the name.

You have accused them of lying in your follow-up f/b....did you also send them return postage costs?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Why can't ebay get involved with a buyer who is a liar and a thief ?

Probably because you didn't handle the return case properly.

You always refund after the item is returned to you.

image host
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Probably because you didn't handle the return case properly.

You always refund after the item is returned to you.

_____

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

It might not be a case of handling the case properly.

If the buyer wants a refund, they nearly always want ebay to step in. That way they can get the refund and keep the item too.

At present i am dealing with a buyer that bought earphones. They didn't bother to read the description, if they had they would

have worked out that it wouldn't fit their phone. End of May they request a refund. Their reason was "seller sent wrong item"

That is a complete lie. I sent the item they bought as a large letter costing $2, so I didn't want to print a return label as that would cost $8.50  I sent a message to them about them posting it back and i would refund everything including the $2 postage cost.

I have heard nothing. I then contacted them again and said I would give a partial refund which was most of the cost.

still i have heard nothing. Ebay has stepped in. They said the offers I have given are reasonable, but still no reply from the buyer.

If the buyer does not reply by 3rd July, then the refund request is cancelled. 

My funds have been frozen all this time. So I haven't been able to refund anything anyway. By the time 3rd July rocks around

my funds would have been frozen for 35 days. So unfair just because that buyer couldn't be bothered reading the description.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

If through a refund case the seller sends a postage label immediately, eBay won't force a refund until the online tracking for the return shows delivered.

image host
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply