why has ebay stopped automatic listing and what happened to 100 free listings on weekends.

since ebay has stopped the automatic listing and the 100 free listings on weekends, I no longer sell as much as I used to.  I am down to 3 active listings until the start of next month and then i have more than 40 listings in my unsold box.

I was doing so well and now its all stopped

Wouldnt that mean if its happened to me, its happened to others, hence less final value fees for ebay.  Really confused ?????

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

why has ebay stopped automatic listing and what happened to 100 free listings on weekends.

Have a read of any of the other threads opened on this same topic (there are several)

I doubt there is really much more fellow members can add that has not already been said

If you would like an 'eBay answer' you will need to use the help tab to contact them ad eBay staff do not read this forum

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

the automatic listing or the "good till cancelled" policy does not apply to auction listings - so your unsold auction listings are waiting for you to relist.    Watch your limit, if you are only entitled to 40 per month.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

As the others have said, it's on other threads as well.

Yes it is hard to understand ebays thoughts about this.

There must be thousands if not millions of items now sitting in unsold accounts.

Ebay cannot make 1 cent out of those. It doesn't cost Ebay anything to send out the free listings, but it is certainly costing them a lot by not doing it.

Maybe they are worried about the looming tax time, and not wanting to make too much more money.

That's the only thing that makes sense.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

As the others have said, it's on other threads as well.

Yes it is hard to understand ebays thoughts about this.

There must be thousands if not millions of items now sitting in unsold accounts.

Ebay cannot make 1 cent out of those. It doesn't cost Ebay anything to send out the free listings, but it is certainly costing them a lot by not doing it.

Maybe they are worried about the looming tax time, and not wanting to make too much more money.

That's the only thing that makes sense.

But at the same time, if these items are being relisted over and over and over and over again, which some of mine are (I sold 6 items this week that were originally listed in 2016), eBay aren't making any money off them. I have some items which sell on the first listing. I have others that get relisted for years before they get sold. EBay don't care about the latter. They want the current movers. The items that sell on the first listing.

If there are thousands or millions of items sitting in unsold, then those items weren't interesting enough to sell on the first listing. EBay isn't losing on those items. The sellers are.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

tippy you said that ebay aren't making money off the items you sold.

How do you sell your items with no FVF

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

tippy you said that ebay aren't making money off the items you sold.

How do you sell your items with no FVF

That's for me to know, and you to find out.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

please please share, we all want to know. lol

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

tippy i think i have worked it out. - staff discount 

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

tippy i think i have worked it out. - staff discount 

Oh she'll love that casbit..........................original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply