why has ebay stopped automatic listing and what happened to 100 free listings on weekends.

since ebay has stopped the automatic listing and the 100 free listings on weekends, I no longer sell as much as I used to.  I am down to 3 active listings until the start of next month and then i have more than 40 listings in my unsold box.

I was doing so well and now its all stopped

Wouldnt that mean if its happened to me, its happened to others, hence less final value fees for ebay.  Really confused ?????

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

why has ebay stopped automatic listing and what happened to 100 free listings on weekends.

If you read what she said again you'll see that she said ebay aren't making money from the items that are being relisted over and over and over again. They make money when they eventually sell but in the meantime they've had to support those listings for a long time.

It costs money to maintain the site and stagnant listings don't contribute to running costs. Look at all the glitches - if ebay lessens the load on the site there'd probably be less glitches. They also want a better experience for buyers and this means not having to see the same items for years on end.
Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

If ebay want to free up space to prevent glitches, then they should get rid of all the Chinese multiplies identical ones. There must be thousands of those.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply