Why do Australian Sellers not leave feed back as soon as payment is made?

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Why do Australian Sellers not leave feed back as soon as payment is made?

We do, but can understand without question why many don't until later, or indeed not at all.

Melina.

Message 2 of 40
Latest reply

Totally understand why many choose not too, given there being so many scammers falsely saying an item never arrived,or was damage etc

Of course there are *real* situations where these things happen, but there are also a lot of people making false claims so they can get freebies,amd these people know ebay will always support them over any seller

I could just as easily ask why such a huge number of buyers never bother leaving feedback. Same difference 

Message 3 of 40
Latest reply

Because it's up to them if / when they leave feedback, and the transaction isn't over when the buyer pays. Just like it's not over when the seller posts.
Message 4 of 40
Latest reply

Why do Australian buyers not leave feedback as soon as they receive & are happy with their purchase?

As a seller I've received 816 feedback from my buyers.

As a seller I've left 1,485 feedback for my buyers.

I leave feedback as soon as I've posted their purchase. Do they leave feedback for me??? I don't care now

Woman Frustrated

Message 5 of 40
Latest reply

A good enough reason to change habits Sacra. We've just been doing what is right, or at least seems right, but that's under consideration of change right now!

Melina.

Message 6 of 40
Latest reply

@aussietgwrote:

Why don't buyers leave feedback as soon as an item is received? Feedback affects sellers far more than it does buyers, yet so many buyers couldn't care less about leaving it. And when a buyer leaves feedback, it lets a seller know that the item has arrived safely, and that the buyer is satisfied.

As a seller, I've basically left twice as much feedback for buyers as they've left for me. I now have feedback set to auto-post when I receive it, the rest is at my discretion - if a buyer can't be bothered leaving feedback for me, they probably don't care whether they receive it, either.

Message 7 of 40
Latest reply

We usually leave feedback at the same time we mark an item as posted, unless we suspect there could be trouble (for example, if the buyer hasn't paid until after we've opened an unpaid item case).

However, although we don't totally agree, we fully understand why a seller would wait until positive feedback has been received from the buyer.

As others have said - why don't many buyers leave feedback when they receive an item. As most of ours are sent without tracking, we rely on the feedback to let us know that the item has been received safely.

It goes both ways, some sellers wait to leave feedback/don't leave feedback at all & some (many) buyers don't bother to leave feedback unless they're not happy.

As feedback is not compulsory, it's up to the individual to choose when/if to leave feedback.
Message 8 of 40
Latest reply

We only leave feedback once the buyer leaves positive feedback. Otherwise none. This is due to post-sales shenanigans from buyers who have left negative feedback after we have left positive feedback for them. So we changed our policy and it works.

Message 9 of 40
Latest reply

Feedback is voluntary.

But, many sellers including myself leave it later for this reason.

Once a seller leaves feedback, the transaction disappears from all reminders in My eBay.

If I leave it until buyer has received item, there is always a reminder so I can check if there is a problem.

Good customer service, afterall the transaction is not complete until the buyer has the item and is happy with it.

Unfortunately some sellers leave feedback after payment, send the item and don't want to know after that.

image host
Message 10 of 40
Latest reply