Why has my traffic and Sales Stopped?

The last 2 weeks have been the worst ever for sales for me. I just checked my traffic report, and at the same time last month I was averaging 10-15 visits per day. All of a sudden traffic has dropped to virtually zero for about 7 days running. I hadnt had even 1 zero day last month.

Dropping prices to less than cost hasnt helped. What is going on? Please help - another week like this and its no longer worth it. Sell off any remaining stock and leave Ebay after 10 years.

๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 1 of 78
Latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

Re: Why has my traffic and Sales Stopped?

Whats with the tin foil hats thing.???   I,ve seen it here a lot, but I,ve missed the joke.

Message 41 of 78
Latest reply

It means that someone is paranoid that someone else is accessing their mind, so they wear a tin foil to block the signal, kind of a "big brother is watching you" thing.  It goes back to the 1950s UFO and aliens days, I think.

In the case of these discussion boards, I think some are worried that eBay penalises them by throttling down their appearance in search results or something if they criticise eBay too much.

Message 42 of 78
Latest reply

Just to follow up... I haven't had a sale since 23/3. A few watchers but no bidders or buyers

Message 43 of 78
Latest reply

@redders_60 wrote:

Just to follow up... I haven't had a sale since 23/3. A few watchers but no bidders or buyers

That really sucks!

As an experiment I just relisted a few items, they iusually have 4 or 5 views immediately, some items more, all 4 or 5 items are stuck at 1 view!!!! You have to laugh really.........so obvious, I cannot believe eBay can even deny it. Hope your lights get turned back on soon!

Message 44 of 78
Latest reply

Did a search for one of my catagories in which i have 24 listings. 1400 results, mine appear around 1200. I have feature store, 100% top seller status, premium service, 30 day returns, free post, fast & free, and every other "listing advantage target" that they promote.

So huh!

The only thing I can think off is if you relist something it drops it, if you relist without a price drop it buries it..This month I am going to try sell similar instead of relist to see if it makes a difference. Dont like doing that though as its easy to double list or miss some.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 45 of 78
Latest reply

@expanded_perceptions wrote:

@redders_60 wrote:

That really sucks!

As an experiment I just relisted a few items, they iusually have 4 or 5 views immediately, some items more, all 4 or 5 items are stuck at 1 view!!!! You have to laugh really.........so obvious, I cannot believe eBay can even deny it. Hope your lights get turned back on soon!

Try sell similar to see if it makes a difference rather than relist

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 46 of 78
Latest reply

@lane-ends wrote:

@expanded_perceptions wrote:

@redders_60 wrote:

That really sucks!

Try sell similar to see if it makes a difference rather than relist

It was just an experiment to see; actually got the idea from the youtube video listed earlier today in a different thread? My view count is still 1, 1, 2, 1, 2 on the five listings. Pretty unusual I would say, especially on some items! I am beginning to think that next month I may as well end all my listings once I reach my magic figure that our lords graciously 'allow' us!! Just not worth the constant checking, I could have basically done nothing since the 10th or 11th of the month and not fared much worse?

Message 47 of 78
Latest reply

If Throttling & blackouts are true than this is a DISGUSTING practise..why should we pay for a listing that is subject to this????

It''s like paying for a classified in a newspaper only to be told..no we wont publish it because we have "selling limits"..but we'll still take your money..

What is Going on EBAY?? seems many are suffering from this allegedly immoral practise..

Shame on you..shame on you riding the backs of small businesses charging us like wounded bulls to maintain your shopping platform then touting for the lazy Harvey Normans & JB HI FI's of the world who have infinite resources who could do without your platform yet you bend overbackwards to accomodate them..

I hope you turn into the MySpace / Yahoo / Altavista of the internet world..once mighty, are now mere net rejects..who didnt bother to move with the times or pay attention to their loyal customer bases..

Message 48 of 78
Latest reply

Message 49 of 78
Latest reply

I wouldn't place too much importance on the omniture stats they are way off base.. I think they are plucked from the sky.
Message 50 of 78
Latest reply