Why won't seller return my item....even though I refunded as E bay seemed to be getting very pushy .

rolajenn
Community Member

BUYER WON"T RETURN MY ITEM EVEN THOUGH SHE HAS BEEN FULLY REFUNDED           E bay are not helping and say I should not have refunded until item was returned .....I was even happy to pay postage ....she just doesn't answer emails .........now has money and tea set .....what can I do ??    ebay refunded her from my paypal .....thanks     Bri

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Why won't seller return my item....even though I refunded as E bay seemed to be getting very pushy .

hi, I have just gone through the same experience as you.

10 days after receiving the books that he won , he put in a returns dispute (without even contacting me )that the books were in such bad condition that he would not let his students read them. .. I know that these books were in great condition

I responded to the dispute twice, that, I wanted the books back and the buyer could have a refund.

Ebay then closed the dispute in favour of the buyer, (refunding the buyer the sale price and the postage, from my Paypal account)

and the reason they were in favour of the buyer?? .... because I did not respond... I responded three times!!!!!

I then put in an appeal to ebay, and I also rang ebay.

Then.... 48 hours later, I find out that ebay have denied my appeal in the buyers favour again.

I rang ebay again, and asked them how do I get my books back.

And.... I don't get them back.

So.... not only did I lose around $14.50 for original postage, I also lost 39 x Goosebumps books, that I had bought and paid good money for....  

keeps the books that  "were in such bad condition" (his words}

this is not the first time this buyer has got a refund and been able to keep the items.

Ebay makes money from sellers, but they DO NOT in anyway protect them

I am really peeved and disheartened with ebay.

And I will  take others advice, I will complain to ACORN, the FOS and the ACCC

and I will take this scammer to court for "obtaining goods by deception"

.... I have alot of time on my hands.

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

ha ha ha ha ha
Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

this happened to me just this week.....

Buyer claimed that the items he bought were in very poor condition, such bad condition, that he would not let his students read them.... 

I responded three times to this dispute, stating that I was happy to refund the buyer, but I wanted the books back.

And I rang ebay directly twice explaing that the items were in great condition, the photos and my description should have been clear to anyone.... ...

Ebay, ignored my responses (I truly believe that no-one read any of them) and gave the buyer his money back and he also gets to keep the bulk amount of 39 items..... 

you know.... the 39 items that were in shocking condition????

. ....  why would he want to keep them????

This is definately a crime of -  receiving goods by deception.

.... If there weren't any sellers, there wouldn't be Ebay.

Ebay needs to protect sellers more.

Anyone can just state that the items were in bad condition, and ebay refund the buyer's money, and they get to keep the items for free.

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

you don't have a choice, ebay take the money out of you paypal account, without your permission.

happened to me just this week.

and the buyer won't return items either, because the ebay law......permits him to keep the items. (my items)

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

Ummmm, it's called sarcasm. 😆
Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

I think you can report him to ACORN (the online fraud squad) .  Let your buyer know you are doing this and will also report him to the police and I am sure if he is a teacher this will not sit well with his employer.  Let eBay also know you are/have done this and that you will be making a complaint to the Financial Ombusman.  This is blatant fraud and eBay have no legal right to remove funds from your account.

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

thankyou for your support,

... I will be doing all that you mentioned.

this is such an easy scam for many buyers to receive free goods.

I wonder who else can just take money out of our private paypal accounts????

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

@aussie.grazing.boards wrote:
Ummmm, it's called sarcasm. 😆

Sarcasm only works vocally.

Doesn't really work with the printed word.........

Unless you've got one of these...      or

Try putting an overworked 'lol' at the end of your sentence

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

what?????

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

If you check other threads on this subject you will find a lot of useful information.  Good luck. 

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply