With holding funds - Nice new scam by Ebay

comcol
Community Member

After 15 years selling on Ebay they decide to hold funds for two weeks for a sale. 
As usual, there is no reason but it is a nice little scam for ebay.

Lining their bank account with funds and getting interest for it before they have to pay you.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: With holding funds - Nice new scam by Ebay

You can stop making up nonsense

Or realise the same rules apply to you as everyone else

I take it you already asked on the UK board and objected to getting factual answers so figured you’d come down under to try your luck?

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

They don't have to specify why they are holding the funds! They are doing it to everyone. It's a fact, not an accusation. 

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

Maybe you shouldn't wait 17 months to post your erroneous response.

They are not doing it to everyone. Fact. They are only doing it for new or intermittent sellers or those who can't or won't sign up to Managed Payments. Fact. Something Paypal did for several years prior to Managed Payments. Fact.

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

I've had an eBay account for about 15 years, I've spent thousands of  $ buying things over the years, Sold a few things as well over the years, First few items I sold funds were on hold as to be expected for a new seller.

But with a 100% selling record last item i sold funds have been on hold for a week now, Just not good enough.

I've even purchased a few items in the last week as well, So they know it's not a hijacked account.

On top of paying a 13.5% selling fee they have the cheek to charge that on the postage to, On $18.25 postage that's an extra  $2.50.

For a company that makes over 10 billion in profit annually and pays virtually no income tax to the countries it operates in, As all profits are sent overseas to avoid paying tax. Just pathetic.

All i can say is I've had a gut full of eBays **bleep** policies, Forcing people to give them bank account details

As soon as my funds are cleared, I'll be closing my account for good, They will never see a cent of money again, Good riddance  to a bunch of scum bags I say.

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

You agreed to the policy re holds when you listed

Regardless if you thought it should for some reason exclude you, it doesn't

You show having no feedback at all on this account

So if the account you sold on is the same, there is absolutely no reason to expect or get special treatment

And you have another 3 week wait in that case

Once again, the box you ticked you had 'read and understood' and proceeded with selling

Don't forget to let eBay know you are leaving 

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply