Wrong Defect Rate for Upcoming New Feedback System?

When I look at the display of what my defect rate will be under the new system it says i have 4 defect for item not as described but in actual fact i have 100% 5 stars for that? Anyon else seeing incorrect numbers on there?

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

3s will be defects. You have obviously had positive ratings where the buyer has left a 3 for item described.

Allegedly, next month, we will be able to run reports to find the buyers who are doing this, thus enabling us to improve our selling practices. I know what my improvements will constitute. Presumably most sellers will do the same. So in about 6 months the facility will be withdrawn.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Well that stinks, I'm selling new items with longer descriptions than probably every other site selling the same and without knowing which items were getting the 3's cant do much to improve them. I recall hearing somewhere that DSR's drop off after 12 months is that correct as i have 3 low ones from the same period that are coming up to 12 months soon?

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

I see that "cancelled transactions" are now a defect -   so you can't accommodate buyers who need to cancel a transaction 

even if the buyer requests the cancellation (bought two the same by mistake, or some other genuine reason)
 the system records it as

Cancelled transactions (out of stock or sold to someone else)   

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

I see that "cancelled transactions" are now a defect -   so you can't accommodate buyers who need to cancel a transaction 

even if the buyer requests the cancellation (bought two the same by mistake, or some other genuine reason)
 the system records it as

Cancelled transactions (out of stock or sold to someone else)   

That will be their spin to get rid of the Cancelled transaction process,(one less thing they have to worry about).

It just means that each seller will open a non paying bidder claim and the buyer either pays or they get a strike,

(and the seller will get a neg with low stars).

This way they'll get rid of all the "nasty" buyers,tease.gif

But by the time this has run it's course there might not be many sellers left,(except for the Chinese sellers as

they are protected).

After all they can list fake items,non existing items and general "junk",stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Yes they do. And allegedly after 6 May we will be able to see who left low DSRs. And act accordingly to change our business practices to fix it. i know what my fix will be.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

here another gem from ebay when I queried the "defects":

This apparent discrepancy is happening because the system is also including transactions where the seller initiated a refund via PayPal even when there isnโ€™t an eBay Cancel Transaction case in the count. This means that even if you haven't opened a case but if you have refunded buyer's payment due to not pushing through with the sale, this is still counted as a defect.

Thanks for your understanding.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

That's exactly what has happened to me. 2 defects for refunding in full through paypal for lost parcels. No item not received no cancellations so ebay got their money still and slapped me with a defect.
Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Thankfully though the real stats start from May 1st
Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

That's great, we're always getting buyers that buy the wrong item.Smiley Sad

I guess this is a way for Ebay to make extra money, sellers won't worry about canceling sales they'll just refund the money and cop the loss ot the FVF.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply