Yes, Another Toilet Paper Thread......Sucked In!

Just saw this on news.com.au. A toilet paper hoarder wanting a refund on nearly 5000 toilet rolls because eBay refused to let him sell them. He also wanted to return over 100 bottles of hand sanitiser.

So for those thinking that eBay, or sellers, are profiteering due to toiler paper and sanitiser sales, they aren't. EBay put their foot down weeks ago.

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Thanks for that...may put a stop to all the nonsense with toilet paper and sanitisers.

5000 toilet rolls should keep him/her out of trouble for a few years!
Message 2 of 40
Latest reply

There was a man running a caper

With many a roll of loo paper.

But, stuck with the lot,

He'd have such a clean bot

And demand for his products would taper.

Toilet Paper Tug-of-WarWashing hands with hand sanitiser; oh, lord, people have been hoarding hand sanitiser!Donning a surgical mask... Don't tell me, people have been panic-buying these as well?

Message 3 of 40
Latest reply

I'm putting my reply in a spoiler in case no one wants to read an alternative theory and would prefer this to just be a feel-good moment after someone got their just desserts Smiley Embarassed Smiley LOL

And I can get on board with that ^_^

Spoiler

I have difficulty taking this at face value, TBH. It comes across (to me) a lot like this article, which makes no sense and I'm convinced is the result of someone sitting down after being asked to write an article that would bring in as much ad revenue as possible, and had the genius idea to concoct a fiction based on what they presumed was happening with all the goods people panic-bought.

Why don't I really believe this? Dude had 20 people going around purchasing one roll of TP at multiple stores on multiple days, but was just he himself fronting at a single store asking for a refund on everying? IMHO this is an ad designed to make people feel like a little justice has been served (by Drakes, of course). 

Message 4 of 40
Latest reply

Spoiler

What! Don't you believe Emmie, 47, from Bournemouth? Surely she wouldn't lie about throwing out pickled onions!

I particularly like the way she's wearing a dust mask under her chin (occasionally turning it inside out just to be absolutely certain that all pathogens get a sporting chance to land in it) and taking one-week-old food from her fridge while wearing blue rubber gloves. Never dare to say that she does not know how to remove those gloves correctly...

Message 5 of 40
Latest reply

Per ABC news today. Man tried to return 132 packs of toilet rolls and 150 one litre hand sanitiser to local supermarket but Supermarket refused to refund. Items are worth thousands of dollars. The purchase was made with a team of stockpilers. They had the goods for sale on eBay but eBay shut them down. Not sure if that is correct or not. Now, I suppose he can set up shop at a flea market and try to sell his goods at a discounted price. No profits then but then no questions asked.

Message 6 of 40
Latest reply

To use an expression - Ha, up his bum. Serves him right.
image host
Message 7 of 40
Latest reply

And this is a technical issue? With eBay?

The place for this is Community Spirit.

Except there are already posts about it there.

Message 9 of 40
Latest reply

dave, this is technical question. where can he unload all his goods? I didn't see the Community Spirit when I posted this link.. You are a... happy person.
Message 10 of 40
Latest reply