a massive decline in sales on Ebay

Is anyone else experiencing a decline in sales?  I cannot believe how bad it has got, my sales have been reduced by more than half for same time last year, having problems keeping up with relisting fees, only ones making any money is Ebay

Message 1 of 89
Latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Re: a massive decline in sales on Ebay

I have now opened a store and it is much, much better, sales have picked up slightly but are still way down on last years figures.
Message 31 of 89
Latest reply

well it used to pick up sept / oct... now I'm doubting what I last said!

Message 32 of 89
Latest reply

exactly. this year is different, much different from past years. I have multiple accounts, some up some down, some waaaay down.

But hey, at least smaller guys like Bing Lee & the Goodguys are getting promoted every fortnight with 20% off....those smaller guys need a helping hand. Smiley Wink

Message 33 of 89
Latest reply

I had a friend who had a large warehouse of 1000's of items all listed on ebay. mostly 'industrial' items and all sold via ebay.he experienced a huge drop on what they where 2 years ago. He suggested ebay is more for new low cost apparel (ie trinkets) I think his company is being liquidated and staff sacked. Ebay is more focused on large retailers like target and kmart and others who sell imported, cheap and low quality but high volume. The day of ebay being a platform for ALL sellers is over.

ALGORISMs are not friendly to small business, Ebay and most other sites just want to enslave small busniesses, take 8% and pay no tax and eat Koalas or whatever Silicon Valley Fat cats do with the cash$$.

THey dont make anything. produce anything, they charge a percentage, but dont even really do anything for it.

'The customer is always right'....... Yeah Right, ebay brainiacs

Anyway i love ebay..They are amazing!!!!!

Regards

Loyal ebay Slave

Message 34 of 89
Latest reply

110% Agree with you.

Im off to the Cayman Islands! 

Message 35 of 89
Latest reply

I was speaking to my sister about ebay just the other day & she said she rarely looks at ebay nowadays, just prefers to buy directly from the online sites of the shops she is interested in.

I am a bit the same.

I think most people are.

And my sister has lost a lot of interest in selling on ebay because of the high fees and troublesome, cheating customers.

Ebay was there back in the early days when there weren't many other buying options online. It was a bit of a novelty, though it did get a reputation as chancy. You paid your money and hoped the item would arrive and that it would be as described.

Ebay-obviously people still use it but there are so many other options now for selling second hand things-facebook sites etc

So I think you're right-ebay is now more a site for small, new stuff.

If I want to buy bigger, more expensive items I still have a perception that online shops will be safer & more reliable than ebay.

Message 36 of 89
Latest reply

110% Agree with you.

Im off to the Cayman Islands!

Thankyou for the vote of confidence ..

I hope you have plenty of money as the Cayman Islands is a 2 speed economy with mega rich in their well heeled enclaves with full services etc and then you have the actual citizens (people who were born there) who are generally the servant class for the mega rich and are basically banged up in squalid ghettos subsisting from the underground economy .. it is the globalist's model for how a society should be run .. so good luck getting a toe hold there ..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was speaking to my sister about ebay just the other day & she said she rarely looks at ebay nowadays, just prefers to buy directly from the online sites of the shops she is interested in.

The bargains your sister used to buy are actually still here on ebay, it is just that Cassinni has other ideas about what or who she should be buying from .. I imagine many buyers have been shooed away and that ebay upper management have awarded themselves with a hefty congratulatory payrise for their grubby tactics that not only have ruined many businesses here but has near decimated the so called "shopping experience" ebay talking heads allude to ..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As if it wasn't bad enough that money is drying up in our economy .. we also have to contend with "disruptive innovation" (monopoly practices) by the globalists .. there is no end to their greed .. unfortunately they are only just getting started as our politicians have apparently been hypnotised to support their extreme right wing agenda/corruption .. by the time "they" are done with us your granchildren and their child and children's children will be their slaves/servant class just like in the Cayman Islands..

Message 37 of 89
Latest reply

I generally only use ebay to find out prices and then I look locally using comparison figures. As a seller I know the fee gouging of ebay, so rather $ goes locally and not international.
Message 38 of 89
Latest reply

So this relates to AUSTRALIAN sellers having a downturn in sales how?

Not that it applies to me. My sales are going gangbusters. With the new store structure I've been able to list more items and it has been fruitful.

Admittedly I sell a niche item. But my prices are competitive against all but the bottom dwellers.

Message 39 of 89
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

So this relates to AUSTRALIAN sellers having a downturn in sales how?

Not that it applies to me. My sales are going gangbusters. With the new store structure I've been able to list more items and it has been fruitful.

Admittedly I sell a niche item. But my prices are competitive against all but the bottom dwellers.

I  don't know what you sell, but I think your example defines ebay's strength. That is, you can find things on ebay that might be harder to find in the local stores. It might be collectable items or parts or whatever.

I've found a local ribbon seller on ebay that had a range of colours I could not get hold of anywhere else & I mean spotlight, Myer, floristry supply shop etc

Spices-you can get the generic ones at supermarkets but if you want specific things, ebay is great.

To me, there is definitely room for the niche seller. I would imagine the problem would be more with people who are trying to sell fairly common items that the Chinese market has cornered or else new items that the big stores have on sale anyway.

Yet.. at times ebay seems to be encouraging more of the big stores & 'new' stuff.

Message 40 of 89
Latest reply