and I thought I had heard it all before lol

just received a return request ... not quite one I have heard before lol

Ordered by mistake
Comments:Order was placed by my 12 year old daughter who stole my credit card details to set up Ebay account and purchase goods. I wish to return all items. Thanks for your consideration.

I offer returns anyway and so as long as the goods are returned exactly as were received I dont have an issue

I wonder how many other items this buyer needs to return

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Buyer is at fault as members have to be 18+. Her daughter is her problem, assuming her daughter knows she did the deed.

Open a NPB dispute.

Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

Dave, looks like daughter paid and items have been sent.

image host
Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

lol

Id email her back and say something like this -

No problem, returns in situations work like this  - you return at your own cost, Ill refund the item cost on delivery. Then, as per our business policies for unauthorised credit card transactions, I am required to report this to Ebay and Paypal, who may freeze your funds and / or close your accounts with them. Also, we are required to report it to your bank as well, and they may freeze or close your accounts as well while an investigation is underway. They do this to prevent further unauthorised transactions that you may not know about being processed.

Please reply to this email to confirm you are returning the items, or let us know if youve changed your mind and decided to keep them.

Many thanks!

If you dont refund her, she's going to open a case, or give you a neg anyway, so call her bluff! (nicely).

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

well I had to contact ebay as they have put a hold on my funds in paypal sending it into a negative balance as I dont tend to keep money sitting in paypal ... this system is totally absurd
Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

Most people wouldn't keep funds in PayPal.  Don't be concerned about what you perceive as "a negative balance" - you aren't charged any fees for this - it is a precaution until the transaction dispute is finalised.  PayPal is not a bank - it's a conduit for transactions.

Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

Sorry but PayPal is now like a bank as they now offer loans.

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

Not very wise or helpful to view such services like a bank ............ 

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

well I went to purchase an item and due to the account having a negative balance I have to also pay the amount in negative which yes I know I shall have the funds returned once the dispute has been finalised however at this time of year for me anyhow every dollar counts

I do not think it very fair that funds be held because of the activities of a fraudulent 12 year old girl if that is even the case as I cannot fathom why a 12 year old girl would want to purchase a ladies size dress which would be far to big for her

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

The child,  the dog, the goldfish, the neighbour's brothers wife's mothers auntys next door neighbour are all common excuses.  The buyer has changed her mind and is using the oldest story in the book. I'm surprised she didn't play the disability card. That's another common one too.

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply