any advice on return?

i really dont know what ebay thinks its doing by encouraging buyers to not have to bother reading listings or be responsible at all for what they are purchasing?

A buyer has bought a speaker dock and hasnt bothered to read the listing properly and make sure her tablet is compatible (321700025527).

I thought i had it pretty clearly described 4 or 5 times throughout the listing which models were compatible.

I honestly try my best to describe items as accurately as possible.

The listing says its compatible with samsung galaxy tab 10.1, 8.9 & galaxy tab2 10.1.

It also describes the connectivity as a 30 pin connector.

This buyer has a much newer model samsung galaxy 4 with a 4 pin connection and simply didnt read the listing properly.

It seems after finally reading it they then used the 30 pin c

onnector in their favour in the return process wrongly asserting that i claimed it had a 30 pin adapter in the listing.

Connectivity in the listing describes the connections on the dock, it doesnt imply an adapter for 4 pin or 30 models is included.

So regardless of the description they have now somehow assumed it included an adapter to fit her 4 pin connector.

Ebay has told me they have found in the buyers favour and now i have to also pay for return postage to receive a 2nd hand item back with all the retail pacxkaging gone.

Is there a number anyone can give me to call ebay and complain?

Is it even worth trying?

Thanks in advance for any advice?

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: any advice on return?

its got me stumped mate.

I really dont think they look much into these return requests and basically find in the buyers favour most situations

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

well I would appeal - and probably ring them as well - you have to HOUND them!

PS:  and to cater for the dumb bunnies out there, I would probably put something additional in the new listing.

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

i'd really like to hear from someone like PJ or one of the other board aficionado's as to where they think i stand or what i should do?

Even though i probably wont like what i hear, lol.

You know, if a refund alone had've been ordered i would'nt have been happy but i'd have copped it.

Its the the return postage im really insulted about.

Surely it being the buyers mistake they can at very least pay to return the item?

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

yeah im going to go on with it curra.

I think its getting silly when buyers have no responsibility at all for waht they are purchasing.

cheers for the advice

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

i dont think i can appeal just yet can i?

I just received the ïts been put on hold for 5 days" message

I'll have to call them.

Does anyone have a an aussie customer support number?

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

As far as I know there is no particular aussie customer service number. Even if there was we are not permitted to post ebay's customer service numbers in the forums or we get a slap on the wrist.
Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

thanks harley,

fairduinkum? even their own support number is not allowed?

so the 1800 number is as good a it gets?

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

Definitely appeal and make that phone call, if you get nowhere ask to speak to a supervisor. Keep it simple, write out what you want to say in bullet point form before you call and don't waffle or get annoyed, you want their help and that will be more forthcoming if you are polite but firm.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you are satisfied that your listing is not misleading in any way and does not state that there is an adapter included ask ebay to look at your listing and see if the buyer could be mislead.

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

will do, thanks PJ and lyndal  🙂

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply