any quicker way to get higher selling limit?

Hi

Ebay currently allow me to sell 1000 items per month.

It sounds like a lot, well, actually it's not if you list item with variations, which I am about to do in the next few weeks.

I rang their CS and was told I need at least 50 positive seller feedbacks, then they will allow me to sell more.

Problem is, many buyers don't care about leaving feedbacks nowadays (except for negative ones of course), it will take ages for me to get 50.

Is there any way around this?

I have many new products coming and 1000 is far from enough.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

There are only a couple of known methods for increasing limits faster than the standard method (i.e. building a good trading history over time), which are linking a PayPal account and/or putting a credit card on file, which only tends to increase the basic starting limit of 10 up to 100 so not much use here, and by having another established selling account with recent, good selling history, which it would appear you do. 

If you've exhaused those options, while 1000 may not be quite enough for you at this time, I warrant if your stock range is expanded and your sales follow suit, your feedback should climb fairly steadily. 

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

I called up CS to get my limit increased from 100 to 400 last weekend,  (nothing compared to you!)

I was told that i needed a feedback score of 25 to have it increased...

I complained that feedback was voluntary, and that my sales were over 25...

CS responded that most people don't even bother to leave feedback for small, cheap items (which mine are) and increased my item limit... but did not increase the cash amount.

In saying that too, i also have another ebay account... so maybe that helped too

Maybe call them again... If you have to wait, call them as soon as you get the 50 feedbacks!

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Do the hard yards as most that have gone before have had to do 🙂
Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

how about trying to leave fback for your Buyers as soon as they Pay you, not after they leave fb for you.

that may encourage a few more to leave fb as soon as their parcel arrives.

as someone said, we all started out with (0) fback and have had to work hard to build it up, fback has always been voluntary.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Except that, like me, you never had to do the hard yards. Hypocrisy?

It is a lot more recent than OUR membership.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Except that, like me, you never had to do the hard yards. Hypocrisy?

It is a lot more recent than OUR membership.

What on earth are you banging on about davewil.

Building feedback takes time.

I have also had to work within seller limits on a number of IDs.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

i am banging on about the fact that your ID never had any selling limits on it. As they were introduced a long time after you opened your ID.

Not that hard to understand.

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

I'm wondering how someone with only 22 feedback has managed to score a listing limit of 1,000? I have 661 feedback, 100% positive and I have a limit of 360. I don't need any more than that, I have never reached my limit on either number limit or $$ limit, but am I missing something?

One would want to be really sure of their items if they are non store and wanting to list 1,000+ per month. That's a LOT of listing fees!

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

I have 1086 listed. I have never had a selling limit. Like the cats, I got in before selling limits, and I didn't have to do the hard yards. Like cats. The difference being that I don't claim to have had to do them.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply