any quicker way to get higher selling limit?

Hi

Ebay currently allow me to sell 1000 items per month.

It sounds like a lot, well, actually it's not if you list item with variations, which I am about to do in the next few weeks.

I rang their CS and was told I need at least 50 positive seller feedbacks, then they will allow me to sell more.

Problem is, many buyers don't care about leaving feedbacks nowadays (except for negative ones of course), it will take ages for me to get 50.

Is there any way around this?

I have many new products coming and 1000 is far from enough.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: any quicker way to get higher selling limit?

Even if you have been a seller for a long time, if you start an extra new id, then that account will have restrictions. Yes, you can have the limit increased if you already have another older account in good standing. My limit on new a/c was 100, that was increased to 300 when I requested an increase on basis of other older account. They also said I could request another increase in a month (can't remember exact timeframe, as I don't want to increase it).

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

There are different limits depending on what category you list in and/or what type of item you sell.

"You need to establish a positive selling history in the category you're listing in and show that you're able to meet the needs of your customers before you are permitted to list higher quantities. We may also require you to confirm your personal information.

Some item limits are lifted once you establish a good selling history, but other types of limits always remain in place. If you have good detailed seller ratings and are confident in the authenticity and origin of your items, you may be eligible to have the selling limit increased."
Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

catspj:" And that is my point, others now believe Davewils untruthful comments sigh
I have in fact had experience in building up feedback on a number of trading IDs that have had in place the increased selling restrictions."

For what it is worth, I don't believe. I knew what you meant from your post 7.
"I have also had to work within seller limits on a number of IDs."
Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

@ilovemychooks wrote:

I joined in 2005, the OP joined in 2011, so I'm still not sure how he would have a 1,000 selling limit when I still only have 360. I must be missing something 😄

I need caffeine....

Check out some of the listings - they link directly to a store ID with 2600+ FB, my guess is that established history went some way to lifting the selling limits on the newer ID.

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

You should delete this: * We may occasionally send you newsletters via email"
Message 25 of 25
Latest reply