anyone else get this eBay selling voucher email? $25 for every $100, up to $75 voucher

looks okay, terms and conditions look okay.

At last, something for seller (but not stores)

voucher.JPG

Terms and conditions:    http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/sell2buy/

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: anyone else get this eBay selling voucher email? $25 for every $100, up to $75 voucher

well, my 21 days was up yesterday and I received a $75 PayPal credit that was promised.  They waited until the last day to give the credit.

This is simply crazy that eBay would run a selling promotion during June that offered an eBay voucher to qualifying sellers that would arrive in "My eBay" on the 11th July and only give the credit after numerous messages and badgering.

On this promotion eBay have shown themselves to be an incompetent and untrustworthy organisation.

Maybe they are hoping many sellers who did qualify will just give up and stop asking for the voucher/credit.

Message 31 of 42
Latest reply

Re: anyone else get this eBay selling voucher email? $25 for every $100, up to $75 voucher

I was just wondering about my buyer credit....still waiting.

I will give them the weekend and then will ring up and see what happens.

I had almost forgotten about it...thankfully I put a note on the calendar when the longest time is up.

Message 32 of 42
Latest reply

on Monday I replied to the email they sent me on the 27th July that stated I would have the credit in 15-21 business days.  I was asking that they confirm that I would have my credit by Thursday 25th August.

The reply I got to that enquiry was the standard type of reply "sorry for the inconvenience, we are processing them by batch, please allow up to 21 business days for the credit to show in your PayPal".

So they were letting me know it may take 21 business days from last Monday, which would have blown it out to late September!!!!!!!!!!

Message 33 of 42
Latest reply

Then in September you send another message and they say it could take another 21 days and on it goes.

Message 34 of 42
Latest reply

Just an update on my buyer credit from June........

On the 30th June I was promised a credit in paypal in 10-15 business days.

On 1st September I followed it up and received a message that they were working on it.

Today I have followed it up once again....32 business days after the first promise.  Just awaiting a reply.

Message 35 of 42
Latest reply

That's appalling!  It looks like they're doing it deliberately because they know a certain percentage of people wouldn't bother persevering and ebay gets to keep lots of lovely money that's not rightfully theirs.  They're a bit like the scammer who leaves negative feedback for every seller saying "item not received" - they're working the numbers game because they know it pays!

I don't trust a lot of their offers now and will only use them if it's a code I can use immediately and get a discount, and even then I tend to only use it for things that I'd be reasonably happy to pay full price for if the code doesn't work for some reason.  A couple of years ago I printed a postage label and was supposed to get 10% off but it never happened.  I wasn't going to waste hours chasing them up for 72c but I learnt not to trust them for things where you get a reward/refund "later".  

Edit:  Lyndal, have you tried threatening them with going to the ombudsman for not delivering on something they promised?  That might get you a pretty quick response.

Message 36 of 42
Latest reply

It seems to be a lot more common than it used to be....codes not working, promotions not honoured etc.

This one was to spend $200 and get a $50 voucher by the 8th of the following month.   A lot of buyers did not get the vouchers, including me.  I rang and was told there was no reason that the voucher did not arrive but to spend the money, let them know the transaction details and I would get the $50 credited to my paypal account in 10-15 days.

I had a reply to today's message telling me that my last message was not passed on and to give them another 10-15 working days.

Yep, right....calendar duly marked to follow up in 2 weeks time....AGAIN.

I am rather cheesed off about it.....I spent the money on Christmas gifts and was not very happy at outlaying such a large amount and then have to wait for the refund.   This time I am waiting to purchase some Filofax refills so I guess the refund will help with those purchases.

Message 37 of 42
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

It seems to be a lot more common than it used to be....codes not working, promotions not honoured etc.

This one was to spend $200 and get a $50 voucher by the 8th of the following month.   A lot of buyers did not get the vouchers, including me.  I rang and was told there was no reason that the voucher did not arrive but to spend the money, let them know the transaction details and I would get the $50 credited to my paypal account in 10-15 days.

I had a reply to today's message telling me that my last message was not passed on and to give them another 10-15 working days.

Yep, right....calendar duly marked to follow up in 2 weeks time....AGAIN.

I am rather cheesed off about it.....I spent the money on Christmas gifts and was not very happy at outlaying such a large amount and then have to wait for the refund.   This time I am waiting to purchase some Filofax refills so I guess the refund will help with those purchases.

I wouldn't trust them to honour their promises - surely you would have got it long ago if their intention had been to provide it.  I'm not saying you won't get it if you keep pestering them but they do seem to be trying to wear you down, and if it was me I wouldn't give them that satisfaction any longer.  

I'd definitely threaten the ombudsman, or just go to them anyway.  I had no internet for 13 days a few years so I rang the obudsman to file a complaint against telstra.  Unfortunately Telstra were the cause but I had no contract with them so I could only put in a complaint against my ISP.  They had so many days to provide me a refund for services I'd paid for but hadn't received, and if I didn't get a response they would have been fined.  What ebay is doing is no different - they've promised you something that you haven't received - and probably plenty of others haven't received it either, so they definitely need a wake-up call.

Message 38 of 42
Latest reply

I quite agree with you but at the moment I am working on the theory that you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

If you read this thread from the beginning you will see that it started out as a complaint from a seller of a promotion not being honoured.  I hijacked it to point out that it was happening to buyers too.

The OP did eventually get his refund so I am hoping that it will be the same for me.

Message 39 of 42
Latest reply

Well now I am well and truly ticked off.

Not only am I still waiting for my $50 credit in paypal but I have nearly $300 worth of goods in my cart to be paid for to take advantage of the 15% discount....and Checkout is not working.

I even tried paying separately for 2 auction items which ended up in the cart but cannot do that either.

Ebay is going to get a very irate phone call tomorrow.  It seems that nothing works properly these days.

Message 40 of 42
Latest reply