anyone else get this eBay selling voucher email? $25 for every $100, up to $75 voucher

looks okay, terms and conditions look okay.

At last, something for seller (but not stores)

voucher.JPG

Terms and conditions:    http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/sell2buy/

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

anyone else get this eBay selling voucher email? $25 for every $100, up to $75 voucher

Oh carp, that just reminded me, I got a voucher for reaching the seller goal. I'd forgotten all about it. There IS something I need to buy too. I didn't think I was in the market for anything, but I tried to buy something from B&M today and couldn't get what I wanted.

Message 21 of 42
Latest reply

I still haven't got the voucher that was supposed to arrive on the 11th July, so I requested a call-back from eBay so I could enquire.

I was told that "there has been a delay in processing the vouchers due to the large number of qualifying sellers".  I was also told "not to worry" and that "vouchers would be processed within a week".

The problem I have with this stance is that the promotion concluded on 30th June and eBay are the ones that stated that vouchers would be issued on 11th July.  They have had the period from 30th June to 11th July to process the vouchers.

I did ask whether there was a limit to the number of vouchers that would be issued and the answer was that there was no limit to the total number issued but only one per seller.

I would advise anyone that ever talks to eBay on the phone to ask for a reference number for the enquiry.  Keep this number recorded in a safe place.  The number is in the form 1-12345678901.  If you ever need to make a follow-up enquiry this number will help you with the follow-up.

The person I spoke to said she would make further enquires about my voucher and will call me when she has more information.  i will post any developments on this thread.

Message 22 of 42
Latest reply

still no sign of my voucher, and no follow-up phone call from eBay yet to let me know what is going on with the vouchers.  I did get a "clarifying" message from the CS rep letting me know that there was a limit of one voucher per member, and that the vouchers were being "sent out by batch".

I did get a request from eBay to complete a survey about my experience of contacting Customer Service.  While I have no issue with how the CS representative handled my query, I did respond to some of the survey questions that allowed for detailed written responses that I have little confidence in eBay voucher promotions.

Message 23 of 42
Latest reply

nothing new to report other than my voucher for the sell2buy-$25-per-$100-sold-max-$75 promotion promoted as voucher-to-arrive-on-the-11th-July still has not arrived, and a follow up phone call to eBay only garnered the same reply as before - "they are being processed by batch"  (whatever that means).

This is now just getting to be one big joke.

Message 24 of 42
Latest reply

what a stuff up.  I just got the following from eBay, a full 16 days after the time they had said the voucher would arrive:

Hi XXXXXXX,

Thank you for getting back to us.

XXXXXXX, I am sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Rest assured that this will be forwarded to our promotions team so we can look in to this. I am sorry for the delay but the reason why I cannot process the credit or voucher on my end is to make sure the previous reps wasn't able to process one as well.

What you can do is purchase an item and get back to us once you have the item number so we can process you a one time courtesy credit straight to your PayPal account for AU $75.00

Thank you for your cooperation. Have a great day!

I particularly like the bit where they tell me to purchase an item and then request a one time courtesy credit.  There have been enough stories about members being told one thing by an eBay rep and then having it not honoured by another for me to be wary of this advice.

Message 25 of 42
Latest reply

A bit different I know Sir but I am having a similar problem with the $50 voucher offered when a buyer spent $200.

It had not arrived and the code given to me to try by another member would not work so I rang ebay today.

I was most impressed with the very quick resolution.....9 minutes from dialing to hanging up.

The upshot is that there is not reason for the vouchers failing to materialise and they cannot process it now.  I have been told that as soon as I make a purchase over $50 I am to email ebay with the details and they will process a credit to my paypal account within 15 days.   I have the reference number and the ebay rep's details.

All very nice but I have $250+ worth of items in my cart and I really don't want to fork out the extra $50 and wait for it to be refunded.

Message 26 of 42
Latest reply

I have $82 worth of items in my cart, all from the one seller, with free postage.  So I might just take them up on their advice to purchase and then contact them for a credit to my PayPal account.  I will use the reply button on the message I got so that they can see that I was given that advice by one of their own.

Message 27 of 42
Latest reply

I just got a reply to my message that I sent less than an hour ago!

Hello XXXXXXX,

Thank you for getting back to us with regard to your voucher.

XXXXXXX, I hope you are doing well despite the issue that we are having. My apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you and as well the delay in sending the voucher code. We have received a notification from the Marketing and Promotions Team that all sellers eligible for the $25, $50, and $75 voucher will be disseminated up until 31st of July, so please bear with us with this process.

We appreciate your patience and understanding about this matter, Ricky. Should you need further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks for choosing eBay!

They must be getting a few members messaging them as he called me "Ricky".  My name is not Ricky and never has been.

I went ahead and purchased the $82 worth of Items in my cart despite the assurance that the vouchers will be disseminated up until 31st of July.

Now I just need to see how long before I get $75 credited to my PayPal account!  LOL

Message 28 of 42
Latest reply

it seems that I will get my $75 credited in 15-21 days!  What a joke, anything up to 37 days after the scheduled voucher delivery time of 11th July.

Hi XXXXXXX,

Thank you for getting back to us about the voucher ( AU $75.00 ).

XXXXXXX, I appreciate that you have given us the information needed for us to process the voucher credit. Please expect the refund within 15-21 business days.

Thank you for choosing eBay. Have a great day!

Best regards,

Message 29 of 42
Latest reply

21 working days is actually over a month....that is a disgrace.

I wonder what would happen if a seller said you will have to wait 15-21 business days for your fees ebay....actualy I don't wonder, I know what would happen.

Message 30 of 42
Latest reply