blocking people with 0 feedback from bidding on my items

loucas08
Community Member
my item has sold 3 times and to people with 0 feedback then they never contact me or follow through I want to block people with 0 feedback how do I do this please?
Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: blocking people with 0 feedback from bidding on my items

She apparently has a non-payment against her for either this month or last, so when she tries to click on the BIN button she can't continue as my settings block those with a non-payment. She hasn't asked me to drop the price, but I just don't feel right circumventing the system. I told her to try again next month as I don't think these records stay with you forever. I told her that this item she wanted was a regular item that I sell, so it will be there always if she comes back later, but she is very insistant. I haven't replied to her last message so far, and I think I have explained the situation to her quite straight and to the point I don't need to explain anymore to her.

I don't want to risk my account, for the sake of one person.

Thanks Dazzledayz , I think your right and yeah, she she's NOT the one paying the fees! 😉

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

How long the block lasts depends on YOUR settings.

I can be 2 or more in 12 months, so it depends when she got her other strike.

Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

I have now had four '0' bidders in recent times purchase and pay for my items. With 2 of those I sent the items, only to have them wait 2 weeks and then claim the item did not arrive and demanded a refund. On both occasions, eBay has decided in the favour of the Buyer and automatically refunded the payment, leaving me out of pocket.

As these particular items that I sold are very competitive with the Sellers and have a very small profit margin, they are sold and sent with 'Free Postage' without a tracking number through the post; there is usually no issue with the items arriving to buyers with higher feedback scores - my loss...

With the third item, which was bigger and had Tracking, the buyer put a claim into their Bank saying that I had promised to refunded him and that I had ripped him-off. The first I knew about it was when PayPal removed the funds from my account and I was in the red for several hundred dollars. I contacted PayPal and told them I did not make such a promise and the item had arrived and signed for, which I proved, so my funds were refunded. 

On the fourth occasion, I had learnt my lesson and simply cancelled the purchase. On each of these occasions, the Buyer's eBay name was a strange combination of lower case letters and numbers and not your usual legible name or combination of names, I'm sure you understand what I mean. It appears that many fraudulent buyers are now exploiting eBay's rules, escpecially where 'Free Post' is concerned and no tracking is involved. 

Interestingly, the 

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

This thread is over FOUR YEARS old.

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

while i don't want to indulge the fact you've bumped a 4 year old thread as dave has said (you should have just started a new one).. the simple fact is if you have items over a value which you're not prepared to lose out on the funds here and there when things go sour.. you need to send all items via a tracked service; otherwise you run the risk of this happening. 

if you can prove the item was sent and delivered (ie tracked) and you have a lodgement receipt, chances are any dispute will be found in your favour when it comes to "items not arriving." 

the combination of characters in a username with a 0 feedback score is because ebay in their infinite wisdom allow users to create a "guest account," and that's how these usernames come about. 

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

I know everyone has to start somewhere but if you're looking at a guest account, then as far as i am concerned, those people have less at stake and so less 'investment' in that account. They can click and 'buy' what they like then wander off and not pay, what do they care if they get a strike? I know it isn't always the case, but the risk is there with a newbie, especially if they get cold feet about using paypal etc

If you've had a  few bad experiences, maybe you'd be best to just block '0' rated buyers.

And for anything a bit expensive, keep doing what you obviously already do-sending with tracking and signature.

As for the untracked stuff-that's always going to be a bit of a risk, maybe pop up the price slightly on each item to cover the occasional losses.

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

I think, correct me if I’m wrong, you can still at least partially stop bidders (winning bidders) with low feedback by use of the below in buyer preferences....

block buyers who....

Are currently winning or have bought 1 of my items in the last 10 days.

- Only apply this block to buyers who have a feedback score of 2 or lower

I hope I’m understanding things correctly.

When I say partially I mean, can’t stop them from bidding, but can if it’s a winning bid, and that’s the one that matters. Am I right?

Melina.

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

I blame ebay itself! If they weren't so greedy and actually cared about sellers their would be more measures in place to combat this. They make it too easy for a buyer to either cancel a sale or just refuse to pay with little to no consequence! How frustrating it is to have several genuine bidders bid on your item to then lose out to some idiot who knows they can just cancel the purchase for what ever reason. And now you can't even leave any feedback what so ever for buyers. Real fair Ebay, you pieces of **bleep**!

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

"I blame " numpty sellers who reply to 8 year old threads, do not use the tools eBay provides & leave false positive feedback.

Members like these will always struggle with problems of their own creation.

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

And tell eBay what they are on a forum nobody from eBay reads 

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply