buyer bids wins then after

Buyer bids wins after two weeks and several messages after i suggested to send to non payment. replies "made a mistake should never have bid make a cancellation & will repy yes".

I then suggested they instigate the cancellation

Which is the best option?  

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: buyer bids wins then after

I did a cancel once,before i found these boards.An eBayer had the highest bid on a dress of mine all week,then the day after auction i got a msg from her & 1 from eBay requesting a cancellation 'cos she put the wrong amount in.

I did the cancel with some annoyance & 2 weeks later she left me positive feedback,which was fine but she got to rate me on an item that she never saw.She could have marked me down in DSR but lucky for me this didn't happen.She went on the BBL & messaged me to ask if she could bid on another top i had on auction but i just ignored that request.No-one returns from my BBL dungeon.EVER.

Several months later i see her ID here complaining & whinging about another seller who she messed around for a month.

In most cases these are reoffending creatures & i have no patience for any of them.

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

Yep, definitely an unpaid dispute for this one now, no questions asked. If you've got an abusive email, I have no doubt she is a serial offender and knows how to work the system to her advantage.

If she leaves negative feedback during the 4 days that the case is open, it should be removed when the case is closed. If it's not, ring eBay and get them to remove it and any associated defects.

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

Glad to provide so much entertainment, the boards were pretty slow yesterday.  Sorry I missed it all, fell asleep during Q&A.

Well she has revealed herself as being a nasty piece of work after all so I was put in my place. 

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

You offered your experience & views on cancelling which is what the O.P asked about.It shows at least that it can work out for both buyer & seller.There are days where i just don't need the drama of chatting & being polite to a non-paying pest & babying them out of their bidding mistakes & dumb excuses.I've used the example that horizon (i think) posted earlier to gently lead them to a UPI without them getting upset or hostile.

There would be some cases where a buyer may have made a geniune mistake & looks like they appreciated you for doing what should be O.K.Most of the UPI's are probably reoffenders i think.Just that sometimes cancelling backfires on the seller is all.

My view is a harsher put 'em on the BBL & let the gods of all unholy eBayers sort 'em out.But I'm mean & impatient like that.Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

@demerl54 wrote:

Hi thanks for replies now added note have recieved abusive email from this buyer (I have reported it to ebay) warning me to stop hassassing her called me a frootloop & thin skinned plus more !most upsetting also threatens to warn everyone about me.

Had to get this off my chest thanks

We know who the fruitloop is.................and it's not you.

I hope you have opened the non payment dispute. Don't forget to close go into the resolution centre and close it in 4 days time.

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

theres a few fruitloops around tonight Cat LOL

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

Thanks Narelle!

Definitely there are different ways to deal with the situation, plenty of room for opinions.

I still stand by what I posted, wish I'd been awake for the discussion last night!  Lol

Totally agree that if there had been no contact from the buyer, then of course UPI is the way to go.  But the request from the buyer was a game changer and I worry about further problems created with a UPI case if the buyer pays after all - stranger things have happened and alot of havoc could be wreaked with fb, INAD cases, etc.

After all, the buyer probably just wanted the whole thing to go away.

Shame the buyer turned out to be a rude git after all.

Shame the seller didn't open a UPI case in the 10 days prior.

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

@2011.narelle wrote:

You offered your experience & views on cancelling which is what the O.P asked about.It shows at least that it can work out for both buyer & seller.There are days where i just don't need the drama of chatting & being polite to a non-paying pest & babying them out of their bidding mistakes & dumb excuses.I've used the example that horizon (i think) posted earlier to gently lead them to a UPI without them getting upset or hostile.

There would be some cases where a buyer may have made a geniune mistake & looks like they appreciated you for doing what should be O.K.Most of the UPI's are probably reoffenders i think.Just that sometimes cancelling backfires on the seller is all.

My view is a harsher put 'em on the BBL & let the gods of all unholy eBayers sort 'em out.But I'm mean & impatient like that.Smiley Happy

Me too !!!

Block em, strike em, forget bout em....  do not play out other scenarios in your mind .... they are PESTS !!! not worth it ...Cat Indifferent

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply