buyer refused delivery after Aust Post delivers to wrong post office & then demands FULL refund

Point in fact:

Buyer wins auction ( in the last 1 minute or so)

Takes 4 days to pay

i mail within one hour of payment being made ( my PO is 30 klms from my home in the bush)

I don't hear back from buyer after 10 days and check status of delivery

Item has been sitting @ the post office for 4 days awaiting collection

Contact buyer and ask if enerything is OKAY? 

We realise that the item has been sent to the wrong Post Office

I contact Aust Post ( online ) i might add still no response from them after 5 days!!! Waste of time

I chase around trying to get the phone number of the PO SHOP in Westfield Western Australia ( i am in NSW)

Finally track down the item which has been thankfully returned after pickup by the Box holder with the same No: only wrong PO to the buyer ( which i might add is only 6klms = a 10 minute drive) between the two

Contact buyer: alert the whole saga & advise that the Manager of 'wrong' PO will hand deliver her package to the 'right' PO immediately since it was their stuff up.

Advise the buyer her package is now @ her PO for collection

She demands FULL refund

Goes to her PO & refuses acceptance of package ...

Return to sender

After jumping though every hoop, using every avenue available to rectify the bungle by Oz Post ... i now have to refund full amount, i have STD phone charges, cost me the postage costs, & not to mention the stress .... now poss. NEG .. cause she CAN???

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

buyer refused delivery after Aust Post delivers to wrong post office & then demands FULL refund

Because she has refused it I would take my ebay fees, packaging and handling fees,postage fees, restocking fees, and give her the balance.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you can prove that the parcel was posted to the correct paypal address then you should not have to refund.

If you have the proof that is acceptable to paypal, let the buyer open a dispute.  Not only can you prove that you have posted the item but also that she refused to take delivery of it.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Because she has refused it I would take my ebay fees, packaging and handling fees,postage fees, restocking fees, and give her the balance.
Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you can prove that the parcel was posted to the correct paypal address then you should not have to refund.

If you have the proof that is acceptable to paypal, let the buyer open a dispute.  Not only can you prove that you have posted the item but also that she refused to take delivery of it.

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

Don't ya just love those sort of "buyers" 😞 NOT. 

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

I agree totally, but sadly the place is full of them and for some reason eBay tends to go in their favour most of the time.

I wonder what was edited from your message?

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

Agreed! However she has been so rude, said why should she pay for my mistake.  The package is now on the return, what happens if i don't receive it?  ;(

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

NOT!! What really upset me is that i had no word at all from her .. it was only when i contacted her in reference to the package sitting idle for days. Actually her comments were, " I realise it is Aust Posts error, but i am not chasing it"
Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

The whole tracking references the impact points ( thankfully)
Thank you for your input.
Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

Date/Time
Activity
Tue 29 Jul 2014 09:51

Returned To Sender - Incomplete Consignment

MADDINGTON WA

Tue 29 Jul 2014 08:08

Delivered

MADDINGTON WA

Mon 28 Jul 2014 16:44

Awaiting Collection at MADDINGTON POST SHOP

MADDINGTON WA

Mon 28 Jul 2014 09:04

Delivered

CANNINGTON WA

Mon 28 Jul 2014 09:04

Awaiting Collection at CANNINGTON POST SHOP

CANNINGTON WA

Tue 22 Jul 2014 07:30

Awaiting Collection at CANNINGTON POST SHOP

CANNINGTON WA

Tue 22 Jul 2014 05:55

In transit

WELSHPOOL WA

Tue 22 Jul 2014 05:55

Processed through Australia Post facility

WELSHPOOL WA

Thu 17 Jul 2014 21:25

Processed through Australia Post facility

WARABROOK NSW

Thu 17 Jul 2014 13:24

Received by Australia Post

OLD BAR NSW
Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

has she opened a dispute?
Message 10 of 28
Latest reply