change the quantity on an invoice

Hi a buyer purchased 4 items and invoice was sent. The buyer now wants to reduce that to two items. I cannot see how to do that.

Do I have to cancel the order ask buyer to rebuy the new amount? Thanks 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: change the quantity on an invoice

You may already have the answer by now, but just in case... Unfortunately, it is impossible to adjust the quantity purchased on an invoice (well, impossible if the buyer purchased 4 at once, if they bought them each one at a time, then you can invoice for selected purchases and cancel the others). 

Sometimes if the postage can be discounted by the right amount so that the total reflects the right price still, it can be easier to just adjust the postage, but personally if the quantity changes I'd prefer the order details to be 100% accurate (especially if it means their order shows it was for 4 at X price, and I'm sending less than that). 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: change the quantity on an invoice

Thank you for providing a response. After a signifant amount of time trying to work this out I eventually got to a chat line who advised me to send the invoice via paypal.

As the buyer bought 4 at once my only other alternatrive was to cancel the order because you CANNOT change an invoice. I do agree I could have fiddled with the postage but this buyer has been sending me conflicting emails for 6 days now and I really did not want to add another variable that may create furthur confusion for the buyer. 

So I have sent a paypal invoice but I suppose if the buyer pays that I will have to cancel the order for 4 or the buyer will be seen as not paying.  I am sure this will confuse this buyer even more. Ho Hum 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply